Oliver Coppard Lays Out Case For Bus Franchising In South Yorkshire

14 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

There is one on most (not all, admittedly) bus stops - so long as some scrote hasn't defaced/damaged the information.

Most of them round here are a year out of date , even the Tram ones .

7 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

It’s a clip that always comes to mind when somebody completely dismisses the points put in front of them.

Especially when it comes with a large dose of Whataboutery.

Fair enough - theres plenty of that in this topic. 😀

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Fair enough. I have a £6.00/mo 'contract' SIM in my phone that gives me unlimited calls - and is used everywhere, including at home and 1GB of data, which rarely gets used - I usually only pay £5.00/mo, as I get a £1.00 discount if I don't use the data. Admittedly, I do always have an iPad with me which has a 24GB/24month allowance - costs roughly £35.00, and I have never used all the data by the time it becomes time-expired.

I didn't know that internet data could be used on an iPad/tablet, I thought it had to be connected to WiFi. Learn something new every day.

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

I didn't know that internet data could be used on an iPad/tablet, I thought it had to be connected to WiFi. Learn something new every day.

On some - there are Wi-Fi and none-Wi-Fi versions of the iPad, don't know about Android-based ones.

4 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Road traffic act 1986 or 85 not sure which one. 

Thank you Busdriver,

Most informative posts :thumbsup:

Last time I was on a bus was 20 years ago (& probably 20 years before that).

The last few weeks I've had need to use them and can only comment on what I found.

Friendly helpful Drivers, clean comfortable buss's and reasonable prices (bit more than the 2d we paid going to skool).

Keep safe 8)

2 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I just use a pay as you go and top up when needed, which is rarely with having landlines at my business and home. I've been treated badly by phone companies in the past and refuse to sign another contract with them.

You need to research some new packages. Pretty much every PAYG offers data. 

Look to providers like GiffGaff.  They do what are essential 30day contract. IIRC they off a "Goodybag" Unlimited Mins/txts (std UK numbers) and 15gb data for £10/month.

2 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Only on specific models that are cellular network enabled. 

• Thanks 1