Another Poor Lady Has Stuff Thrown In Her Face

This time in Fleetwood and this time it was Ammonia, i know Ammonias not quite as bad as the other stuff in the previous recent case but its still not good, i have worked with barrels of Ammonia, and even being only 30% and wearing a facemask its still hard to breathe when you get a cloud of it around your head. add to that its not good for the eyesight or getting it in your mouth, and it stings like hell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cd18v9qq7zno

• Confused 1

Ammonia is terrible stuff.

Years ago when I worked in a pub we used ammonia to clean, and literally it makes it impossible to breathe. 

I hope this lady will be okay, and idiot that chucked it at her gets the book thrown at him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I don’t know the sentencing guide for something like this but it should be on a par with shooting  someone .

Yeah i dont either, it is grievous bodily harm harm wise, you are injuring them most severely, especially with Alkalis and acids, it disfigures for life. like i said Ammonias not as life changing or disfiguring, unless it blinds you.

im not sure you could be charged with attempted murder as im not sure you could die from it generally? might be the odd case of stopping breathing not sure tbh.

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Ammonia is terrible stuff.

Years ago when I worked in a pub we used ammonia to clean, and literally it makes it impossible to breathe. 

I hope this lady will be okay, and idiot that chucked it at her gets the book thrown at him.

yeah like i said i've worked with barrels of 30% stuff and even with a facemask on there's been times where i've had to get out the building to get fresh air, if you breathe at the wrong time while handling it, once i had to get out and still had the open barrel in my hand, just needed air. it feels like it you'd feel drowning i think.

14 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I don’t know the sentencing guide for something like this but it should be on a par with shooting  someone .

They are all here, certainly within Assault, it's considered an aggravating factor
https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/crown-court/

Depending on the circumstances it's possible that manslaughter,  murder or attempted murder could be the charge
No charge for attempted manslaughter for obvious reasons, despite what some pundits claim.

28 minutes ago, melthebell said:

This time in Fleetwood and this time it was Ammonia, i know Ammonias not quite as bad as the other stuff in the previous recent case but its still not good, i have worked with barrels of Ammonia, and even being only 30% and wearing a facemask its still hard to breathe when you get a cloud of it around your head. add to that its not good for the eyesight or getting it in your mouth, and it stings like hell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cd18v9qq7zno

It’s a hideous crime, for sure, but I want to dispute your claim that it isn’t as bad as the “other stuff”. Ammonia solution can be every bit as dangerous as acid, if it comes into contact with the skin.

The concentration is important, but if it is reasonably concentrated, it will stick to the skin , cause severe burns and be difficult to wash off. As you say, the vapour is also a problem.

Hackey is correct, attacks like this should be treated like shootings. Anyone chemically attacking another person should go away for a very long time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have posted this before, but still relevant here; yes I appreciate this was ammonia
Acid violence is a global problem, and not confined to regions, religions or cultures   Report from ASTi

United Kingdom
The UK now has the highest number of recorded attacks in the world, with a 69% rise in the number of attacks in 2022.

Acid attacks peaked in 2017, with 941 recorded cases.

The figures then steadily dropped to reach 421 in 2021.

This can be partly attributed to the Offensive Weapons Act coming into effect and the introduction of stricter controls on the availability of acid and other corrosive substances, alongside increased public awareness around the repercussions that perpetrators face if caught.

However, 2022 saw 710 cases reported to the Police.

Acid attacks in the UK have been historically linked with gang violence, with most victims being male, but the trend has now reversed, with the number of female victims surpassing male victims for the first time.

This signals a rise in violence against women and girls.

On a regional level, the highest number of attacks can be seen in Northumbria, which is followed by London.

See Also
The motivations of offenders who carry and use acid and other corrosives in criminal acts  Home Office & University of Leicester.

12 minutes ago, peak4 said:

I have posted this before, but still relevant here; yes I appreciate this was ammonia
Acid violence is a global problem, and not confined to regions, religions or cultures   Report from ASTi

United Kingdom
The UK now has the highest number of recorded attacks in the world, with a 69% rise in the number of attacks in 2022.

Acid attacks peaked in 2017, with 941 recorded cases.

The figures then steadily dropped to reach 421 in 2021.

This can be partly attributed to the Offensive Weapons Act coming into effect and the introduction of stricter controls on the availability of acid and other corrosive substances, alongside increased public awareness around the repercussions that perpetrators face if caught.

However, 2022 saw 710 cases reported to the Police.

Acid attacks in the UK have been historically linked with gang violence, with most victims being male, but the trend has now reversed, with the number of female victims surpassing male victims for the first time.

This signals a rise in violence against women and girls.

On a regional level, the highest number of attacks can be seen in Northumbria, which is followed by London.

See Also
The motivations of offenders who carry and use acid and other corrosives in criminal acts  Home Office & University of Leicester.

can see where a lot of male victims were due to robberies and getting squirted in the face, female wise i think its because it disfigures and spoils peoples looks so also used as a weapon against females in that regard usually due to honour or jealousy.

I wonder why there has been such a sharp increase recently 🤔 

Anyway I think anyone who does it should be given a sentence long enough so that if they ever do see the light of day they will be too old and frail to be a danger the the public.