Firth Park

20 hours ago, gaz678 said:

When we were children we played on the donkey hill in firth park summer was cardboard sliding down on the grass winter was sledging great times I suppose in them days but never knew why it was called donkey Hill? Never saw any donkeys 🫏 

We used to do the same when we were kids, great times. If it's the same hill that you are talking about there is a path and a stream at the bottom. Couldn't do it now because lots of trees have been planted there now. I'm 70 now but remember it like it was yesterday. I lived on Cammell road.

1 hour ago, kidneystone said:

We used to do the same when we were kids, great times. If it's the same hill that you are talking about there is a path and a stream at the bottom. Couldn't do it now because lots of trees have been planted there now. I'm 70 now but remember it like it was yesterday. I lived on Cammell road.

Yes that's it good old days not been there in years now ..come to think of it dare not go there it's changed now the area is shocking .

On 06/03/2024 at 12:29, kidneystone said:

Is this the bit where there is a big metal flap where the water is coming out that is flowing down the stream?

I remember this but as I used to mess about down there when I was a kid about 37 ish years ago. 
I havnt been back there for years but I’m going to go up sometime to see what it’s like now…

8 hours ago, mafya said:

Is this the bit where there is a big metal flap where the water is coming out that is flowing down the stream?

I remember this but as I used to mess about down there when I was a kid about 37 ish years ago. 
I havnt been back there for years but I’m going to go up sometime to see what it’s like now…

No, that's too far. Donkey Hill was about half way, on right hand side, between cammell road entrance and the drain flap you mention. 

if you didn't stop yourself in time, you'd fly down the hill, over the concrete footpath, straight into the stream.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2024 at 12:29, kidneystone said:

You're right.  Not been there for 30+ years but a quick look on google earth and looks like trees everywhere now! 

14 hours ago, mafya said:

It's close to that metal flap but further down stream. When we were kids there was no metal flap there and we used to walk up the tunnel.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, arrowhead said:

No, that's too far. Donkey Hill was about half way, on right hand side, between cammell road entrance and the drain flap you mention. 

if you didn't stop yourself in time, you'd fly down the hill, over the concrete footpath, straight into the stream.

I know where you mean, I have been down it myself a few times when I was younger and you are right. Bout having to stop in time!!

On 08/03/2024 at 22:12, mafya said:

I know where you mean, I have been down it myself a few times when I was younger and you are right. Bout having to stop in time!!

Was too dark only went in a few feet think it's Baguley dyke flows all way to river Don Attercliffe but could be wrong? 

On 08/03/2024 at 01:57, mafya said:

Just visited page hall,owler lane had a wet walk around my old area seems to have been cleaned up a bit saw very few people then realised its Ramadan, gave fir Vale a miss though .