How Long Should A Councillor Take To Respond?

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

It was sent directly to the councillor and its asking for something to be done re speeding cars and bikes, anti-social driving etc.

A councillor could report those issues to the relevant department, but speeding and anti-social driving is a police issue.

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Quite a few times yes. I and other neighbors have spoken multiple times to the police who occasionally send a car but usually don't. 

Won’t they send the speed camera van?

Or a cctv van?

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

A councillor could report those issues to the relevant department, but speeding and anti-social driving is a police issue.

IF they did that, would it take that long to reply, saying something like 'this has been reported to the relevant department, please let me know if you don't get a response in 'X' days/weeks'?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

IF they did that, would it take that long to reply, saying something like 'this has been reported to the relevant department, please let me know if you don't get a response in 'X' days/weeks'?

Most do have an out of office reply, but I dont.

They could be on holiday or on sick leave, but a quick reply should be within a week. Emails are not emergency, but in an election year, you would want good service.

4 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Most do have an out of office reply, but I dont.

They could be on holiday or on sick leave, but a quick reply should be within a week. Emails are not emergency, but in an election year, you would want good service.

Fair enough, but in my case - a month!?

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

If they are anything like Clive Betts I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I've sent him two emails over the past 8 years and I am still waiting for a reply.

Tell him you’re a friendly Brazilian looking for work . 

1 hour ago, Prettytom said:

In my experience, it ranges from just a few minutes, to forever.

If I need to contact mine, I usually send the same thing to all three and cross my fingers. 

I guess that some of them get a lot of emails and it’s easy to let one or two slide. Maybe try a polite reminder and see if that works.

Thanks. Yes I've sent a reminder. I guess I just have to play the waiting game for now. 👍

1 hour ago, Prettytom said:

Won’t they send the speed camera van?

Or a cctv van?

Apparently it's more difficult to get a speed camera van or cctv than you'd think. I mention it almost every time I call. It's crazy cos they would make a mint on this road.