How Long Should A Councillor Take To Respond?

23 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I phoned Mike Levery  Lib Dem member for Ecclesfield about Council tree felling , He was on the case within the hour . 

I vote Libs. locally as they get things done.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Fair enough, but in my case - a month!?

In my local area a couple of times, email to the local council were not getting through.

I generally find reporting via the smartphone app very good, but if its something that they cannot solve, no action will be taken.

No point in going via a councillor, just message the police directly.

3 minutes ago, El Cid said:

In my local area a couple of times, email to the local council were not getting through.

I generally find reporting via the smartphone app very good, but if its something that they cannot solve, no action will be taken.

No point in going via a councillor, just message the police directly.

You are not reading what is posted, I don't think. MY issue is one which they can, and should sort out - without going into too much detail, it is a public safety issue and one which has been reported by others prior to my email - having spoken to one of those who reported the issue over two months ago, they were assured it would be dealt with quickly - obviously some councils idea of 'quickly' differs greatly from mine.

On 06/03/2024 at 17:40, The_DADDY said:

Anyone know? I've contacted my local councillor by email twice recently,  no acknowledgement, no reply to the email sent on Feb 18th 

Is this normal?

There is a BIG difference between councillors.

I have had to deal with a few of my local councillors a few times over the last 5 years or so. 

The worst was Francyne Johnson who rarely answered an E mail and never answered her phone.

The best was Julie Grocutt who almost always answered an E Mail with in a day or so and usually answered her phone.

In the middle was Penny Baker.

As an aside it was pure bad luck that in this very serious issue (to me ay any rate) I had at the time it was Ms Johnson who I first saw at her surgery so it was her I had to mainly deal with, and the fact she was impossible to contact meant that I ended up not getting the redress I should have done out of SIV.

• 2 weeks later...

I find it strange that MPs and Councillors are discouraged from tackling issues outside of their own constituency.

What about competition, surely its great if a councillor from outside of your area is willing to get involved?