Chancellor Announces £1 Million Towards Memorial For Muslim Soldiers

Message added by SheffieldForum

In such a sensitive topic, please post sensitively.

Posts have been removed for discrimination; and some for bickering, name-calling and other such things. Please report any posts that shouldn't be here. In particular, any form or discrimination or racism will not be tolerated and suspensions/bans will be given out.

Please debate the topic - sensibly - and not the person posting. If you don't like a particular poster, please put them on your ignore list in your settings to stop seeing their posts.

4 minutes ago, Axe said:

I have never stated or implied non Christians do not contribute to the treasury.  Stop creating a straw man.

You are the one who said,  and I quote:   

We live in a Christian country which is demonstrated by our King being the head of the Church of England. I am pro Christian and am proud to have been christened. Non Christians should finance their own memorials.  

It sounds very much like that's what you are implying.

22 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You are the one who said,  and I quote:   

We live in a Christian country which is demonstrated by our King being the head of the Church of England. I am pro Christian and am proud to have been christened. Non Christians should finance their own memorials.  

It sounds very much like that's what you are implying.

You are just skating around in circles with your straw man.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Axe said:

You are just skating around in circles with your straw man.  

See what other posters think.

It is NOT about religion at all and nor is it about government finance.

In your case it is about prejudice because someone is different to you,  despite them laying down their lives for you.

Enough said.

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

No. I just think it would be interesting to know if our accomodating nature for a variety of religions is being reciprocated around the world.

In most Islamic countries, the Catholic Church is severely restricted or outlawed. Significant exceptions include Israel and Lebanon.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

In most Islamic countries, the Catholic Church is severely restricted or outlawed. Significant exceptions include Israel and Lebanon.

And..so ..and what

23 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Not at all relevant to what we are discussing.

3 hours ago, Axe said:

Non Christians should finance their own memorials.  

The group that wanted the memorial were financing it themselves, they were finding donors to come up with the million pounds, it was your fave party, the Tory party that came completely out of leftfield and said they would fund it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

In most Islamic countries, the Catholic Church is severely restricted or outlawed. Significant exceptions include Israel

Israel isn’t an Islamic country though is it…