Aldi Bag Search

55 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I had this when I went into Sports Direct to buy some shorts.

On my way out there was a security guy asking to look in my bag, thankfully I had the receipt.

I felt insulted, and I vowed I wouldn't go in there again. 

Do you 'feel insulted' when a ticket inspector checks your tickets on a train.   Do you 'feel insulted' when an usher checks your tickets before entering a theatre or when you have to suffer the indignity of having to go through a barrier somewhere.  Do you 'feel insulted' having to display your proof of purchase on the windscreen in a pay car park.....

Sounds like a you problem.  

You had a receipt, showed it to the guard and went on your way.  Seriously what is the problem.  Talk about an overreaction.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ECCOnoob said:

Do you 'feel insulted' when a ticket inspector checks your tickets on a train.   Do you 'feel insulted' when an usher checks your tickets before entering a theatre or when you have to suffer the indignity of having to go through a barrier somewhere.  Do you 'feel insulted' having to display your proof of purchase on the windscreen in a pay car park.....

You had a receipt, showed it to the guard and went on your way.  Seriously what is the problem.  Talk about an overreaction.  

The security guard didn't check the bags of the people in front of me, with other people looking they'd think I was a shoplifter. 

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

It's obviously because they don't stop everybody so people think  "Why do I,  in particular,  look like a shoplifter".

If everyone was stopped,  I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

It's obviously because they don't stop everybody so people think  "Why do I,  in particular,  look like a shoplifter".

Yeah, either guilty or paranoid folk would.

Just now, Organgrinder said:

Exactly.

You've only got to look at the stick Richard Madeley got when he was calling out shoplifters & the rise in thieving on GMTV last week to know about the stigma of shoplifting.  He got hammered on Twitter for forgetting to pay for his wine and chorizo or whatever it was in Tescos all those years ago :hihi:

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

The security guard didn't check the bags of the people in front of me, with other people looking they'd think I was a shoplifter. 

So?  Random check do occur just like sometimes I get randomly selected for rescan when I use smart shop or may be randomly selected by a customs officer in an airport.   It's not all about you.  

The guard is doing their job.  They are there to protect the store assets and minimise theft.  

Or maybe the guard had  legitimate suspicions that flagged you up. Maybe you were walking around carrying bags or a backpack.  Maybe you were lingering in certain areas - who knows.  

I still don't get why you felt 'insulted'.   Like I said complete overreaction.  

28 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

16 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

So?  Random check do occur just like sometimes I get randomly selected for rescan when I use smart shop or may be randomly selected by a customs officer in an airport.   It's not all about you.  

The guard is doing their job.  They are there to protect the store assets and minimise theft.  

Or maybe the guard had  legitimate suspicions that flagged you up. Maybe you were walking around carrying bags or a backpack.  Maybe you were lingering in certain areas - who knows.  

I still don't get why you felt 'insulted'.   Like I said complete overreaction.  

So it's a me problem, only when it's about me then :rolleyes:

Anyway - I hadn't been stopped before going into Sports Direct, and I haven't been stopped since going into Sports Direct.

Have explained why I felt insulted

Edited by Mister M

1 hour ago, Rollypolly said:

No, swallownest. I know I shouldn't take it personally but that's what it feels like.  🤬

Avoid the one at Drakehouse as they do that there too. 

They tried it with me, they failed miserably and I haven't been back since. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mkapaka said:

I don’t get why anyone would get angry about this. 

Ok. Imagine you go into Aldi. You aren't carrying any bags when you go in.

You shop, you line up at the till, your shopping is scanned by the assistant,  you bag it up, you walk towards the exit then some other staff member decides you look dodgy and wants to see your receipt incase you have something that the till assistant neglected to scan?

Absolutely no chance I'm putting up with that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Ok. Imagine you go into Aldi. You aren't carrying any bags when you go in.

You shop, you line up at the till, your shopping is scanned by the assistant,  you bag it up, you walk towards the exit then some other staff member decides you look dodgy and wants to see your receipt incase you have something that the till assistant neglected to scan?

Absolutely no chance I'm putting up with that. 

I’d just show them my receipt and then walk out and completely forget about it.