Aldi Bag Search

3 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I have seen the above and it still barely makes any sense. 

Regardless, you haven't really provided a sufficient explanation of why you feel "insulted" by a routine check from a  security guard doing their job. What are you going to do if it happens on other occasions, boycott every shop on the high street until you run out? 

How do you feel if you get randomly selected for recheck at a self checkout.... or if you just happened to be in the same aisle as a security guard?   Do you feel just as "insulted" when you are were walking to the store and the camera starts glowing red and turns in your direction as you pass it?  How about when a person behind the counter chooses to check your bank note or runs it under a UV light?

Are you going to cry and whinge if you are randomly selected for a customs check at the airport - vouching you will never step foot in that airport again? 

Will you be robustly objecting to a random search because there may be frilly knickers or thrush cream in your bag that might be embarrassing, hmmm, might ultimately be a bit less embarrassing than rubber gloves time.....

Get of your soap box. :roll:

9 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Regardless, you haven't really provided a sufficient explanation of why you feel "insulted" by a routine check from a  security guard doing their job. What are you going to do if it happens on other occasions, boycott every shop on the high street until you run out? 

How do you feel if you get randomly selected for recheck at a self checkout.... or if you just happened to be in the same aisle as a security guard?   Do you feel just as "insulted" when you are were walking to the store and the camera starts glowing red and turns in your direction as you pass it?  How about when a person behind the counter chooses to check your bank note or runs it under a UV light?

Are you going to cry and whinge if you are randomly selected for a customs check at the airport - vouching you will never step foot in that airport again? 

Will you be robustly objecting to a random search because there may be frilly knickers or thrush cream in your bag that might be embarrassing, hmmm, might ultimately be a bit less embarrassing than rubber gloves time.....

You haven't provided sufficient explanation of why a poster should explain to you.

Other people may think differently to you or you may think differently to them  -  the result is the same..

If something upsets me,  I'm not interested in whether it upsets you too.

We are all entitled to our own views of shops / security guards etc and,  if you're happy about it then fine. but it seems that others are not and,  as customers, they are entitled to say so..

26 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You haven't provided sufficient explanation of why a poster should explain to you.

Other people may think differently to you or you may think differently to them  -  the result is the same..

We are all entitled to our own views of shops / security guards etc and,  if you're happy about it then fine. but it seems that others are not and,  as customers, they are entitled to say so..

I really don't know how people would cope without your sage wisdom and stating the ruddy obvious all the time

We are lucky to have you in our lives.

3 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I think I covered all that in post #83.  

Perhaps karma will have you asked to empty your bags to be searched in front of a crowd of shoppers when you have an xxl jar of pile cream😂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I really don't know how people would cope without your sage wisdom and stating the ruddy obvious all the time

We are lucky to have you in our lives.

Quite so.   you could always get in first if you wished but only seem to have comments about ME,  as always.

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

They are. But as this is a discussion forum, people are also entitled to comment back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pfifes said:

I think I covered all that in post #83.  

Perhaps karma will have you asked to empty your bags to be searched in front of a crowd of shoppers when you have an xxl jar of pile cream😂

??   

My response was to MisterM. 

You running two accounts??

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

I haven't. 

I probably didn't express myself very well: "I haven't been stopped since going into Sports Direct" meant I haven't been stopped by a security guard since going into Sports Direct on that only occasion.

And it's natural that you wouldn't want to return to somewhere you felt insulted. The customer experience plays a vital part in gaining repeat custom. 

2 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

I have provided an explanation. 

I felt under suspicion like I'd done something wrong. If it was just me in the shop, I wouldn't have cared, but having others gawp on was embarrassing.

I'm not crying or whinging for ****s sake - I'm explaining how I felt in that moment. :rolleyes:

Have explained that I bought some shorts for my holidays. Not sure why you brought thrush cream into the debate....Have you got a smelly discharge that's plaguing you? Might explain your tetchiness.