Aldi Bag Search

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Ok. Imagine you go into Aldi. You aren't carrying any bags when you go in.

You shop, you line up at the till, your shopping is scanned by the assistant,  you bag it up, you walk towards the exit then some other staff member decides you look dodgy and wants to see your receipt incase you have something that the till assistant neglected to scan?

Absolutely no chance I'm putting up with that. 

Stop looking dodgy then.!!!

• Haha 1

Just now, Mkapaka said:

I’d just show them my receipt and then walk out and completely forget about it.

That's fair enough.

I however would not show them anything unless they made a specific allegation that they'd seem me steal something. Then I'd insist the police are called and They can look in my bags. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Blame the scum that steal, not the establishments.

Aldi closed their store in Eastwood, Rotherham due to all the thefts. It was more economical to lose the income from an entire store than claim on their insurance for the thefts. 

Given that it was Eastwood, SYP had no interest in going and dealing with the culprits...

10 minutes ago, Mkapaka said:

I’d just show them my receipt and then walk out and completely forget about it.

Aldi usually ask if you want your receipt. Unless I've got something that may need to be returned I always say no as I think it saves on paper. If their policy is now to search bags they should give receipts as a matter of course. I certainly will make sure I get one now. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Ok. Imagine you go into Aldi. You aren't carrying any bags when you go in.

You shop, you line up at the till, your shopping is scanned by the assistant,  you bag it up, you walk towards the exit then some other staff member decides you look dodgy and wants to see your receipt incase you have something that the till assistant neglected to scan?

Absolutely no chance I'm putting up with that. 

I suspect that they're targetting those using the self-scan over those using the assistant scan. 

A lot of retailers are now rethinking self-scan due to the losses. 

Just now, Resident said:

I suspect that they're targetting those using the self-scan over those using the assistant scan. 

A lot of retailers are now rethinking self-scan due to the losses. 

Not at Aldi. I used the normal checkout and they still tried to search my bags. 

7 minutes ago, Resident said:

Aldi closed their store in Eastwood, Rotherham due to all the thefts. It was more economical to lose the income from an entire store than claim on their insurance for the thefts. 

Given that it was Eastwood, SYP had no interest in going and dealing with the culprits...

I bet SYP would be dealing with the culprits if they had misgendered someone whilst robbing them.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Yeah, either guilty or paranoid folk would.

I've never been stopped but that doesn't stop me having my own views.

Years ago,  You stood at the counter and the shop assistants used to SERVE you.      Now,  they insist you SERVE YOURSELF  to save them money.         Serves em reight.

13 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I've never been stopped but that doesn't stop me having my own views.

Years ago,  You stood at the counter and the shop assistants used to SERVE you.      Now,  they insist you SERVE YOURSELF  to save them money.         Serves em reight.

I do kind of agree with you to be honest.