Aldi Bag Search

6 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Never happened to me there .

You've obviously got a very honest face.

Either that or you look so butch and intimidating that no one dare approach you 🤔

Never had no trouble. The  Aldi's near us will ask, (occasionally) if you've bought your own bag and its in your trolley, to look underneath it .

Other than that no probs.

Britain a Nation of Shopkeepers.

Britain a Nation of Shoplifters.

Britain a Nation of people who carry their own plastic shopping bags :banana:

Always take the receipt. 🧐.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

I've never been stopped but that doesn't stop me having my own views.

Years ago,  You stood at the counter and the shop assistants used to SERVE you.      Now,  they insist you SERVE YOURSELF  to save them money.         Serves em reight.

Everyone seems quite happy to self-service petrol stations for years without all this whining.

So when people do drive offs from petrol stations, losing them money -  it's all their own fault too.....right.  

Personally, when I go shopping - something I hate, but have to - my priority is to get what I want as quickly as possible, pay as quickly as possible, and get out - as quickly as possible. The very occasional recheck doesn't worry me, as I appreciate that a business has to protect its stock/profits.

From memory, I think I had about four random checks last year - none of them a full check, just half-a-dozen random items - and I've never been ''accosted by security' in my life.

5 hours ago, Mister M said:

I had this when I went into Sports Direct to buy some shorts.

On my way out there was a security guy asking to look in my bag, thankfully I had the receipt.

I felt insulted, and I vowed I wouldn't go in there again. 

Thank your lucky stars he didn’t ask to look in your shorts!😃

echo.

There’s a regular bunch of street people that camp up outside Lidl on High St.  I saw the security guard trying to move them on in the morning but they weren’t budging. That shop must have a lot of problems with shoplifting.