Aldi Bag Search

1 hour ago, *Wallace* said:

Out of interest I had a look at the MSE thread on this subject it started exactly one year ago and the thread was closed a short time after. General consensus was about the same as here some people hated it some didn’t mind and some didn’t care one way or the other. The main thing that got to some people was similar to a person on here they got asked to see their bags but the person in front or behind didn’t.

Yes, that’s right. But the thing doesn’t seem to get mentioned much is ‘does it actually stop people pinching stuff’?  I’m sure it does to some extent but I’m not sure I’m convinced it makes a massive impact because, as always, a lot of the real crooks will be sneaky enough not get caught this way or, as is increasingly the case, will just brazenly take what they want and the shop staff are not going to risk getting hurt stopping them.
 And then of course there’s the fact that the penalty for getting caught shoplifting isn’t enough to stop many.

Meanwhile innocent Joe Public has to go through the palaver of having their bags checked…

43 minutes ago, redruby said:

Yes, that’s right. But the thing doesn’t seem to get mentioned much is ‘does it actually stop people pinching stuff’?  I’m sure it does to some extent but I’m not sure I’m convinced it makes a massive impact because, as always, a lot of the real crooks will be sneaky enough not get caught this way or, as is increasingly the case, will just brazenly take what they want and the shop staff are not going to risk getting hurt stopping them.
 And then of course there’s the fact that the penalty for getting caught shoplifting isn’t enough to stop many.

Meanwhile innocent Joe Public has to go through the palaver of having their bags checked…

I've always thought a thief is more likely to stick a bottle of whiskey or packet of chicken down a jumper or a pocket inside a coat than in a bag for life.

7 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

I've always thought a thief is more likely to stick a bottle of whiskey or packet of chicken down a jumper or a pocket inside a coat than in a bag for life.

A woman I once saw apprehended by security in Morrisons had plastic-wrapped joints of meat shoved down her jogging bottoms. :gag:

4 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

A woman I once saw apprehended by security in Morrisons had plastic-wrapped joints of meat shoved down her jogging bottoms. :gag:

I once saw a woman walk out of B & Q  with a ladder in her stocking..

About 4 weeks ago in Morrisons Hillsboro I noticed a woman pushing a trolly loaded to the top (with more boxes on top of that) go through the auto barriers and out towards the entrance. Must have timed it when the guard had moved away.

46 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

Are you sure it wasn’t her cellulite!😃

echo.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Padders said:

I once saw a woman walk out of B & Q  with a ladder in her stocking..

And you Padders, like me, are old enough to remember them.😃

Bet she also got a suspendered sentence for that!😃

echo.

• Haha 2