Uncle Sam To The Rescue Once Again .

2 hours ago, Prettytom said:

I think that you should see this as evidence of the US losing patience with the conduct of the extremist Israeli government.

It's causing Biden major issues, so no wonder they're suddenly doing everything to help.

Despite supporting Israel though so much of it previously.

3 hours ago, cuttsie said:

In Gaza ,  The USA is going to build a port and ship landing stage so as to allow ships to dock and unload aid to the Palestinians who are trapped in the enclave due to the war that began on Oct 7th last year .

So as it is in Ukraine its the bad old U,S,A to the rescue ,,, They will be slagged off on here as usual but lets not forget that those who supply arms and missiles to the Hamas murdering hordes that started this latest conflict are not the ones that are coming to  the rescue , The ones that are,   are the good old USA as always happens when push comes to shove .

Have you missed the fact that Biden's election chances are going down the plughole due to the Israel / Palestine  deaths ?   

He is under fire from Muslims,  Jews,  ordinary American citizens,  in their own country,   and also from the international Community.     It tells you often enough on all TV News Programs.

He's simply trying to reverse a disastrous decision at the last moment before it costs him his Presidency..

That conflict was started years before Hamas even existed  and Biden must share the blame with  Iran,  for supplying the arms which are killing the innocents.

Despite what you think,  some people DO have a conscience and I wrote on this forum,  about the opposition of many American people,  including American Jews,  over 4 months ago.  

1 hour ago, geared said:

It's causing Biden major issues, so no wonder they're suddenly doing everything to help.

Despite supporting Israel though so much of it previously.

I wonder, it seems a bit like "Stopping the boats" Rishi Sunak and his predecessors talk a good game but with no intentions of playing, I wonder if the forth coming elections has owt to do with his decision to build a Pier? Public opinion seems to think it's genocide so, to have even a chance of winning the election, he had to change his tune. (though, who will vote for someone suffering from Alzheimer's is beyond me)

• Like 1

So...the USA are supplying the terrorist IDF with weapons and training to commit genocide, and now they are fooling you by saying they are going to give aid to the people that are on the receiving end of the weapons and training that they supply....

for gods sake give your heads a wobble folks....

Ive got a radical idea, lets just stop giving them weapons in the first place 😡

Jonathan Cook isn't an author I'd view uncritically, but his take of this seems pretty reasonable

Biden’s pier for Gaza is a hollow gesture that will change almost nothing
8 March 2024
The US President and the Democratic party are betting voters are dumb enough to fall for this charade.

Please don’t prove them right.

It will take many weeks for the US to build this pier off-shore and get it up and running.

Why the delay? Because every western capital, including the United States, has supported the blockade for the past 17 years.

Biden could get aid into Gaza much faster than by building a pier, if he wanted to.

He could simply insist that Israel let aid trucks through the land crossings, and threaten it with serious repercussions should it fail to comply.

He could threaten to withhold the US bombs he is sending to kill more children in Gaza.

Or he could threaten to cut off the billions in military aid Washington sends to Israel every year.

Or he could threaten to refuse to cast a US veto to protect Israel from diplomatic fallout at the United Nations.

He could do any of that and more, but he chooses not to.

Also on Twitter here if you have an account

There's two RFA ships there, which were capable of delivering aid directly, but they've had to drop it off in Egypt for some reason

17 minutes ago, aardvark6535 said:

I'd like to bet that 90% of the weapons in the East, right now, either originated in the USA or Britain.

You'd probably be right. Remember the billions of $'s worth of military equipment left in Afghanistan by the awesome uncle Sam?