Bus Gate Fine - Advice

8 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

He wasn't after advice . 

What advice was they supposed to be giving? Sounded like a rant to me. The bus gate is clearly signposted and if they can't read regulatory approved road signs, they are not safe to be driving.

6 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

What advice was they supposed to be giving? Sounded like a rant to me. The bus gate is clearly signposted and if they can't read regulatory approved road signs, they are not safe to be driving.

Exactly this.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Hmmm... :huh:

And maybe those people who can't read forum posts correctly...

... aren't the sort of people who anyone should be listening to advice from? :hihi:

1 hour ago, Runningman said:

I was giving advice not asking for it. Read my post again !

A typical answer from somebody  i.e. your self, who doesn't read my post correctly and at the same time gets ones knickers in a twist.

In no way am I blaming anyone neither am I wallowing in the past. You are trying to make an argument  out of what I said.

No need to hand in my driving licence, all motorists are oblivious at times to road signage, suppose you are the perfect driver !

I won't be proceeding in answering again.

Meanwhile  pick on somebody else on the Forum !

No but you were making comments like  "...Lesson learned, do you drive into the city. if you do then don't anymore"   

Comments like   "....for those of you who dare enter the city centre",

Comments like  "...There's no advance warning of the bus gate on Rockingham Street and the first warning sign is just before the junction at the top of The Moor..."

Sounds like excuse making to me.   Sounds like attempts to suggest or otherwise imply the sneaky council are deliberately tricking drivers and making it impossibly complicated for anyone to drive into the city.    I dont like city bashing for the sake of it and that's what I felt you were doing so responded accordingly.   Sorry but this is a discussion forum.  Its what its for. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

No but you were making comments like  "...Lesson learned, do you drive into the city. if you do then don't anymore"   

Comments like   "....for those of you who dare enter the city centre",

Comments like  "...There's no advance warning of the bus gate on Rockingham Street and the first warning sign is just before the junction at the top of The Moor..."

Sounds like excuse making to me.   Sounds like attempts to suggest or otherwise imply the sneaky council are deliberately tricking drivers and making it impossibly complicated for anyone to drive into the city.    I dont like city bashing for the sake of it and that's what I felt you were doing so responded accordingly.   Sorry but this is a discussion forum.  Its what its for. 

Hmmm... :huh:

I've got a piece of advice...

... when in a hole, it's probably best to stop digging! :hihi:

2 hours ago, Runningman said:

was giving advice not asking for it. Read my post again !

I don't think we'll take advice from someone who violates traffic regulations and cannot/will not read a blatant traffic sign, despite being in control of a potentially dangerous vehicle. I think we are ok for that kind of advice.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

56 years ago, cars were few and far between and it was easy to perform simple tasks such as crossing the road. Nowadays, everyone, you included believe they have a god given right to own a car and as such many streets in Sheffield are a nightmare to cross and many pavements, supposed to be for pedestrians are block by said cars. When you saw the sign denoting the bus gate, you could have continued down Brown Street and along Paternoster Row. But you either didn't see the sign or chose to ignore it. I am not sure what is more concerning to know about somebody at the wheel of a 2 ton vehicle. 

I'd advise paying the fine as soon as possible. You may get a reduction for early payment. 

My dear Irene. You have got me wrong in a big way, in fact you have picked on me as a victim of your continual rants on this Forum.

• Like 1