Bus Gate Fine - Advice

4 hours ago, Runningman said:

No excuses, me driving in the city with my eyes shut and I go through a bus gate and obviously get fined !

Perhaps some information / advice for those of you who dare enter the city centre, something I very rarely do.

I came down Rockingham Street, turned left onto Charter Row and went across the junction top  of The Moor and down Furnival Gate.

After receiving the fine notice I had a walk up there the other day.

There's no advance warning of the bus gate on Rockingham Street and the first warning sign is just before the junction at the top of The Moor.

There is on the road in large white letters BUS GATE at the junction.

I should have turned left up Pinstone Street, then a left on Cross Burgess Street to the end, then right up Cambridge Street to access Division Street.

I'm aware of the bus gate on Arundel Gate just before the Novotel and I don't go anywhere near The Wicker.

Lesson learned, do you drive into the city. if you do then don't anymore.

I've been driving 56 years and remember the days when you could drive almost anywhere in the city centre.

Dare the council introduce anymore restrictions on driving inn the city centre, wouldn't put it past them.

56 years ago, cars were few and far between and it was easy to perform simple tasks such as crossing the road. Nowadays, everyone, you included believe they have a god given right to own a car and as such many streets in Sheffield are a nightmare to cross and many pavements, supposed to be for pedestrians are block by said cars. When you saw the sign denoting the bus gate, you could have continued down Brown Street and along Paternoster Row. But you either didn't see the sign or chose to ignore it. I am not sure what is more concerning to know about somebody at the wheel of a 2 ton vehicle. 

I'd advise paying the fine as soon as possible. You may get a reduction for early payment. 

3 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Advice?  Maybe stop trying to blame the city for your own mistake.   Maybe stop wallowing in the past being surprised that things have changed over your 56 years of driving.   

Maybe hand in your driving licence if you were totally oblivious to a large sign before the traffic lights saying  other traffic must turn left, a big painted arrow on the ground before the lights saying turn left, a sign warning of bus gate cameras ahead before the traffic lights, a sign on the traffic lights themselves saying except cycles, a coloured marking on the ground after the lights identifying the gate with bus gate wording and two further signs on either side of the bus gate themselves expressly setting out what vehicles are permitted and also warning of cameras. 

What an arrogant and unnecessarily rude reply. 

Well done you 🙄

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Runningman said:

I was giving advice not asking for it. Read my post again !

A typical answer from somebody  i.e. your self, who doesn't read my post correctly and at the same time gets ones knickers in a twist.

In no way am I blaming anyone neither am I wallowing in the past. You are trying to make an argument  out of what I said.

No need to hand in my driving licence, all motorists are oblivious at times to road signage, suppose you are the perfect driver !

I won't be proceeding in answering again.

Meanwhile  pick on somebody else on the Forum !

Don't let people like that put you off using the forum. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Runningman said:

Hey up The DADDY and hackey lad. Don't come on here often and when I do, MAYHEM !

Thanks for your comments

You're welcome. Yeah it gets a bit silly around here sometimes. Try and pop in a bit more often though fella. I do like your posts 👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Not sure what advice you are after. Pay more attention to signage, thats all my advice would be. Dont assume anything stays the same, anywhere.

Pay more attention to the post would be my advice . 

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Pay more attention to the post would be my advice . 

Not really, its common sense.

The rest is just a rant about why the city centre isnt the same as it was in the 60s, which isnt worth entertaining

Edited by HeHasRisen