Stabbings in Sheffield

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Many milkmen around on a Sunday morning? Suspect not in this day and age.

Ernie never hung about,  he had the fastest milk cart in the west.  Erneeeeeeee. :hihi:

5 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

I was going to say, we never had any trouble on the rounds, early mornings, then remembered .

Transit milk float stolen (Norfolk Park tower block).

Bag of cash stolen (Oxford St flats)

Goods stolen  (Edward Street flats) (regular occurrence).

Goods stolen (Norfolk Park) (regular occurrence.

One of our lads was attacked (and bitten) (yep, 'bitten') early early morning Surrey St (late 70's).

Keep safe out there 8).

No angry husbands? 😉

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hackey lad said:

When I used to work Saturday nights on the railway I used to get dropped off at Eccy Rd South . If I was too early for the first bus I used to walk into town . Sometimes never saw a soul except for street cleaners in town . Watching the sun coming over the horizon, everything quiet, it was a beautiful, peaceful time .  

That's a name from the past Hackey,  'Street Cleaners'.

Well paid job n' all.

Knew a couple of lads who used to do the nightly swill-down of Pinstone St (& the town centre). 

Keep safe out there 8).

9 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

At one time, the only people you'd see at 3.20 AM were us milkmen on their way to work,

or the 'Dirty stop outs' slinking back home 😀

I've slunk around Netherthorpe and Shalesmoor at 3.20am thousands of times, and never had any trouble whatsoever, have had to fend off sex workers a couple of times, seen foxes gamboling with their cubs, and grinned at loads of milkfloats. Crime against strangers is comparatively rare and overhyped.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Palomar said:

I've slunk around Netherthorpe and Shalesmoor at 3.20am thousands of times, and never had any trouble whatsoever, have had to fend off sex workers a couple of times, seen foxes gamboling with their cubs, and grinned at loads of milkfloats. Crime against strangers is comparatively rare and overhyped.

Did you "fend off" the sex workers with a fiver ?  😀

• Haha 1