Acquired Tastes

3 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

Green tea

Oh yeah, that's another. Quite challenging when you first drink it, especially the unadulterated version with no jasmine or lemon or mint or what have you. Now I drink gallons of it. 

47 minutes ago, melthebell said:

thats because youre not meant to eat it off a spoon, its a bit harsh, i put a small bit in gravy or stock, and like you say thinly spread on toast. its a great source of B12

Very handy if you've got a taste for whisky.

Olives,  first time I tried one I nearly jumped out of my chair as it was the worst thing I've ever tasted and I'll never try one again.

Edited by cressida
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, horribleblob said:

It was whisky for me too, but only because for a number of years I'd only tried the blends my dad used to drink. Then, when I could afford to buy my own, I discovered single malts – the peaty, smoky ones from Islay – and there was no looking back.

See, us Jocks never had that trouble.

We were weened on the stuff.

Took me until 2005 to un-ween myself off it though  :blush:

For me it was the Bourbon.

Lots of other more obscure brands out there other than Jack Daniel's. 

'Old Grandad' was probably my favourite.

Anything 101% proof got my vote. 🥴.

Keep safe out there and drink responsibly 8) 

I used to love sugar in tea and coffee but about 40 years ago, in order to keep my weight under control, I gave it up. Now apart from the fact I don't miss it one little bit if I accidentally get given a tea with sugar in it tastes awful.

• Like 1

Going in the opposite direction I’ve never acquired a taste for boiled green cabbage and beetroot. I think it’s simply the smell of the cabbage and the taste of the beetroot but being forced to eat some when having primary school dinners and then being sick might have had an effect.😃

echo.

8 minutes ago, spilldig said:

I used to love sugar in tea and coffee but about 40 years ago, in order to keep my weight under control, I gave it up. Now apart from the fact I don't miss it one little bit if I accidentally get given a tea with sugar in it tastes awful.

Ditto.