Is The Pope Correct?

There is no point in beating around the bush. Ukraine is never going to defeat Russia. It is a waste of money for the UK, USA and EU to keep providing funds to delay the inevitable. Surely it is now time for Ukraine to negotiate peace with Russia?

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

There is no point in beating around the bush. Ukraine is never going to defeat Russia. It is a waste of money for the UK, USA and EU to keep providing funds to delay the inevitable. Surely it is now time for Ukraine to negotiate peace with Russia?

Russia's terms for peace is the complete capitulation of Ukraine..

The Ukraine's would rather fight to the last man than capitulate..

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

There's been no point to this war since the very start of it. Ukraine was NEVER going to win.

Not even with the help of 'Patron' and 'The Ghost of Kiev' 🤣

If Zelensky has any sense hell stop murdering the ethnic Russians, let them stay part of Russia like they wat,  release all the priests, nuns, political opponents he's illegally imprisoned and allow elections again.

I doubt he'll do any of that though. 

• Like 2

Just now, Padders said:

It really isn't Padders. Russia has no interest in taking over the whole of Ukraine despite how the media state the opposite. 

I've listened to speeches, interviews and he's made it clear many times. Of course he could be lying but who's to say he isn't being truthful? I mean, we've had leaders who couldn't tell the truth if their lives depended on it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Padders said:

Why should UK taxpayers continue to fund an unwinnable war for Ukraine?  The UK effectively surrendered to the IRA to bring and end to the Northern Ireland troubles. The Pope is not suggesting Ukraine does something that the UK have not done in recent history in order to prevent further bloodshed. 

2 minutes ago, Axe said:

The UK effectively surrendered to the IRA to bring and end to the Northern Ireland troubles. 

we didnt lose our country though or being governed by the IRA, its completely different, youd be the first to complain if the uk was properly invaded by a military power.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Axe said:

Why should UK taxpayers continue to fund an unwinnable war for Ukraine?  The UK effectively surrendered to the IRA to bring and end to the Northern Ireland troubles. The Pope is not suggesting Ukraine does something that the UK have not done in recent history in order to prevent further bloodshed. 

I agree with that Axe,

Our services are crumbling through lack of investment.

Yet there's no shortage of money for Ukraine.

Just now, Padders said:

I agree with that Axe,

Our services are crumbling through lack of investment.

Yet there's no shortage of money for Ukraine.

Yes, that really gets on my tits.