Royals, Bbc, Stop Digging.

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

Kids dying in Wars around the world and the the BBC and ITV open their reports nominating the Photo rubbish as main news.  I'm waiting for a full Panorama style Documentary about the Cardigan including Chief Brown Nose, Nicholas Twitchel.  :roll:

Well at least Taylor Swift is off the news now that was bonkers

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

They call it the price of fame and all that mularky but on this occaision I think the media are bang out of order, I blame the Bosses of the Beeb ect they  need to get a grip of their underlings and reign them in and report news worthy articles.  :roll:

Yes they are bang out of order but it pales into insignificance when compared to the press mob that surrounded the Nicola Bulley case and many others.

45 minutes ago, cressida said:

It's Charlotte's hand that's been manipulated,  can't understand the fuss - a big issue they say,  as long as it's not their faces does it matter?

Who says their faces weren't manipulated? The hand might just be the obvious bit.

By releasing a doctored photo they've added to, rather than reduced, speculation about her health.

They'd have been better releasing an imperfect photo than one that's been manipulated.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I don't see why the big fuss - what am I missing?

Basically, there have been several conspiracy theories surrounding Kate and her surgery, including that it is far more serious than they are letting on and that she has been in a coma, or even that she and William are having marital difficulties and she's walked out of the family, etc.

The palace has been awful with the PR to try and stop the conspiracies and has indeed just increased the speculation in certain quarters.

The photo yesterday was supposed to quash all the rumours, but the poor photoshopping of dozens of elements has just fuelled the fire and had a 'Streisand Effect' of just surfacing the conspiracies to more people.

Just now, SheffieldForum said:

Basically, there have been several conspiracy theories surrounding Kate and her surgery, including that it is far more serious than they are letting on and that she has been in a coma, or even that she and William are having marital difficulties and she's walked out of the family, etc.

The palace has been awful with the PR to try and stop the conspiracies and has indeed just increased the speculation in certain quarters.

The photo yesterday was supposed to quash all the rumours, but the poor photoshopping of dozens of elements has just fuelled the fire and had a 'Streisand Effect' of just surfacing the conspiracies to more people.

I'm amazed at the shallowness of some peoples lives. I admit to being a Royalist, but what goes on, if anything, in their lives, is of no concern to others, unless it affects them directly - which obviously it doesn't.

2 hours ago, cressida said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68526972

Four international photo agencies have retracted a picture of the Princess of Wales and her children over concerns it has been "manipulated".

The image, taken by Prince William for Mother's Day, was the first of Catherine to be released by Kensington Palace since her surgery in January.

But, Getty Images, AFP, Reuters and Associated Press have pulled the photo - noting an "inconsistency in alignment of Princess Charlotte's left hand".

Kensington Palace declined to comment.

They are creating a news story, is it really the top news item of the day?

There's a great article here with a former Royal correspondent, who goes into what's made this interesting for people with the inconsistencies and obfuscations going on (plus a timeline that stops before the most recent stuff):

https://www.niemanlab.org/2024/03/this-is-just-weird-buzzfeed-news-former-royals-reporter-on-kate-middleton-palace-press-and-distrust-in-the-media/