Tp-Link

Bear in mind that the TP Link devices also only have a limited range, so if you've got it plugged in near a window at the back of the house, then depending on how long your garden is you might not get a signal in the annex (though it sounds as though you did have before you changed the router). There would be no point having it in your annex anyway, as if you can get a signal for it to repeat in there, then your phone, tablet etc. should be able to use the underlying signal from the router in the first place. Using a TP Link also effectively halves the capacity of your connection speed as it's having to both send and receive on the same frequency, so can in some circumstances actually make your signal strength weaker at distance.

As I said in my previous post, try pairing it in the same room first, there's no need to do 50 yard return sprints each time if you are keeping it in the annex. You may find the WPS is timing out by the time you reach the annex so you've run out of time to pair the device as you only get 30s or so typically (hence do it in the same room - the TP Link will remember the WPS connection credentials once you unplug it).

Wifi must be enabled because I can access my phone and tablet no problem. I am considering moving the router to the other side of the house making it nearer the annex. Will report back!!

Is your 'annex' and house on the same circuit? (electrical) because they need to be for the powerline things to work (Unless they are the crappy wifi ones, which are just basically WiFi extenders and aren't very good usually)

They are on the same circuit. My tp-link was working for a few years. We changed the router from bt now ee. When I went into the annex recently no signal so I assumed the link hadn't found the new router. I removed the link brought it upstairs to connect it to new router but it doesn't appear to have "paired" with new router.  I have to admit I've tried everything after watch YouTube but nothing worked. I'm wondering if the link is faulty. 

On 15/03/2024 at 16:18, smary said:

Wifi must be enabled because I can access my phone and tablet no problem. I am considering moving the router to the other side of the house making it nearer the annex. Will report back!!

WPS not WiFi, your new router might have WPS disabled by default.