Frank Hester's Racist Comments About Diane Abbott

Message added by SheffieldForum

The thread has been derailed several times.

Please discuss the topic and stop with the personal comments and digs.

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, melthebell said:

the forums neutral but going on my years on it, it certainly seems like it has more than its fair share of loud mouthed racists, right wingers, and conspiracy theorists sadly, which i believe to neutrals who might se e it, give the wrong impression of Sheffield :(

What's wrong with being Right Wing?

Please don't tell me you have fallen into the brainwashed trap of thinking " Right Wing" is the devil? 

As far as I am aware being Right Wing, ( even though left wing fascists would like), is not illegal.

I thought you had more about you than that to be honest.

9 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

You know bringing back the death sentence will never happen because of the chance of an innocent person wrongly being put to death anyhow as I have mentioned before,  in someone like Sutcliffe's case,  don't put em out of their misery, chuck em in solitary and feed them bread and water for the rest of their lives. 

To be honest I expected the outrageous public slur comment made by Delbow to be deleted by a moderator but it has not happened which is why I replied.   I can only assume the moderator is too busy.  

9 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

racism, sexism, homophobia, islamophobia are all wrong and all traits of the right, and morally repugnant.

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

My bold:  You seem to have missed quite a lot if you don't recognise racist,  misogynist  and frightening  comments. 

I would go as far as to say that anyone so lacking in understanding of racial and fear provoking taunts,  maybe should not be taking part in a debate about such

Exactly 

Is it racist to mention ethnicity when describing someone eg, ‘That big black bloke’, ‘that attractive black lady’? I never mention a white persons ethnicity when attempting to describe them, I know that the Police always want to know this, after all there’s no point in them looking for a ‘big black bloke’ when that target is ‘a big white bloke’. I reckon that the Western World has gone racist mad, some folk are looking for racism in every aspect of everyday life. :huh:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Please don't tell me you have fallen into the brainwashed trap of thinking " Right Wing" is the devil? 

As far as I am aware being Right Wing, ( even though left wing fascists would like), is not illegal.

I thought you had more about you than that to be honest.

Nothing at all in simply being right wing.  I always took pride that you labelled me as a lefty so just I'm happy for you to be a righty.

I believe that what melthebell was referring to was the fact that none of the racist,  misogynist and conspiracy theorists,  ever appear to be supporters of the left wing of politics.

Hester's comments point to the same conclusion as those of a number of high ranking government ministers such as Braverman and co. and the only common factor is none of them are lefty's.

1 hour ago, Axe said:

Axe does not follow the sheep.  Axe supports bringing back the death sentence and would have supported Peter Sutcliffe being hung.   

Far too good and quick for him, I sincerely hope that he hated every aspect of his incarceration.

4 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Is it racist to mention ethnicity when describing someone eg, ‘That big black bloke’, ‘that attractive black lady’? I never mention a white persons ethnicity when attempting to describe them, I know that the Police always want to know this, after all there’s no point in them looking for a ‘big black bloke’ when that target is ‘a big white bloke’. I reckon that the Western World has gone racist mad, some folk are looking for racism in every aspect of everyday life. :huh:

again it depends on context, yeah the police might describe a suspect as a 6foot black male they are looking for, or a small slim white female or whatever. I dont think using a descriptive comment to point somebody or something out is inherently bad too, but like some do on here they are obsessed by the race of people and almost define people by their race which is bad.

funnily enough i was talking on facebook to a friend about our time hanging around the peace gardens and our "names" for people, we had friends we called Black glenn, Irish glenn, Big Shaun, Little shaun etc, not knowing full names and creating nicknames for people going on their descriptive characteristics lol, it wasnt about being racist or whatever, it was purely on how at first glance, listen we knew who they were.

1 hour ago, SheffieldForum said:

It is very worrying if people can't see the clearly racist and misogynistic comments here, or that some people think those type of comments are acceptable even in private.

Not necessarily on this forum, I can't be bothered to search, but many of the folks defending Hester due to his comments being in private, were the first to attack Azhar Ali's comments; I believe they were also in an internal (i.e. not public) meeting [of the Lancashire Labour Party].
At the latter, there were even calls to discipline those who failed to challenge his comments.
Truss on the other hand failed to call out Steve Bannon's comments re. Yaxley Lennon, but some of the same commentators were silent about that.
It almost seems like  racists and misogynists are cool with hypocrisy as well.