Frank Hester's Racist Comments About Diane Abbott

Message added by SheffieldForum

The thread has been derailed several times.

Please discuss the topic and stop with the personal comments and digs.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

It may have been a humerous comment and now the media are taking him to task for being a racist. Its perfectly legal to be a racist in private, but not as Mr Big funding our Government.

So it’s ok , as long as you’re not backing the Tories.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

There are racists everywhere. I sit amongst them at Hillsborough . I used to work with some. They infest all the major political parties.

They mostly  have something in common though.  They believe that they aren’t racist. That’s one, very good reason why we should all call their vile behaviour out, rather than excusing it as “rude”, or somesuch.

There are.

Edited by cressida

1 hour ago, SheffieldForum said:

Hester spoke about an executive from another organisation, saying: “She’s ****. She’s the ****test person. Honestly I try not to be sexist but when I meet somebody like [the executive], I just …

“It’s like trying not to be racist but you see Diane Abbott on the TV and you’re just like, I hate, you just want to hate all black women because she’s there, and I don’t hate all black women at all, but I think she should be shot.

“[The executive] and Diane Abbott need to be shot. She’s stupid … If we can get [the executive] being unprofessional we can get her sacked. It’s not as good as her dying. It would be much better if she died. She’s consuming resource. She’s eating food that other people could eat. You know?”

The full quote again. Disgusting words al round.

Apparently he wanted to catch an executive being unprofessional to get her sacked. Even if you didn't believe the obvious truth that it was racist and misogynistic, you'd surely have to admit it was unprofessional to say in a business meeting and has brought disrepute to the company and therefore he should be sacked.

37 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

So once again , why is Diane Abbott barred from the Labour Party . Anyone?

Abbott had the party whip withdrawn after she suggested Jewish, Irish and Traveller people had never been “subject to racism”

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Abbott had the party whip withdrawn after she suggested Jewish, Irish and Traveller people had never been “subject to racism”

Strictly speaking, she said the racism suffered by those groups wasn't as severe as that suffered by black and asian people.

• Like 2