Frank Hester's Racist Comments About Diane Abbott

Message added by SheffieldForum

The thread has been derailed several times.

Please discuss the topic and stop with the personal comments and digs.

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Did anyone have the Cheeky Girls on their bingo card for this thread?

Just Jedward and B*Witched needed now for a full house....

Regular contributors know who the Cheeky Girls are.    Wish I had thought about calling the forum twins Jedward. 

1 hour ago, Axe said:

I am the most non blinded contributor on the Sheffield Discussion Forum. 

We all believe that we have an open mind, but that isnt the case most or the time.

57 minutes ago, cressida said:

Verbalise being the key word then why do some people go on about 'the thought police' what's that about?

Paranoia or people with too much time on their hands watching Wokey Youtube / TikTok videos 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

How are you defining "private". As far as I am concerned it was private enough, it certainly wasn't an interview or a speech. 

The bottom line is I am sick to death of being told what to do, and even told what to think, by these Orwellian virtue signalling authoritarians. 

Me in private would be me at home, with the missus, when I'm outside that's not private, when I'm in the pub that's not private even if there's only me and the barman in, at works not private, nor is the works canteen, even if I'm the only one in.

17 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Me in private would be me at home, with the missus, when I'm outside that's not private, when I'm in the pub that's not private even if there's only me and the barman in, at works not private, nor is the works canteen, even if I'm the only one in.

By your same logic what you say now in front of your missus is private but that might not be the case in a few years time if the lady is no longer your missus and has an axe to grind. 

Edited by Axe
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Axe said:

By your same logic what you say now in front of your missus is private but that might not be the case in a few years time if the lady is no longer your missus and has an axe to grind. 

Indeed, words, and actions, rightfully have consequences.
Chris Huhne and Vicky Pryce each jailed for eight months     

The saga began on 12 March 2003 when Huhne, then an MEP, was clocked speeding on his way home to south London from Stansted airport.

To save him from a driving ban owing to an accumulation of points on his licence, Pryce said she had been driving, her trial heard.

The matter lay quiet for seven years. But in June 2010 Huhne told his family he was leaving Pryce as a newspaper had learned of his long-term affair with his PR adviser, Carina Trimingham, 46.

Pryce was furious and began talking to newspaper journalists, notably the Sunday Times's political editor, Isabel Oakeshott, about the arrangement over the driving points.

Revenge, however, was not forthcoming: instead of seeing her husband jailed, Pryce stood next to him in the dock to hear her own sentence.

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

That's a laughable kind of logic.  I'm quite sure that most of us know when  we are in a "private" situation,  and the law abiding among us will probably still be law abiding even at home.

Racism at it’s worse was sanctioned by the USA who didn’t support the Anti-Lynching bill, which gave the South a free hand in stringing up black folk for the slightest transgression. This bill finally came into law in The Civil Rights Act of 1964, nineteen years after we stopped the Germans slaughtering folk of the Jewish faith.