Frank Hester's Racist Comments About Diane Abbott

Message added by SheffieldForum

The thread has been derailed several times.

Please discuss the topic and stop with the personal comments and digs.

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

But still doesn't excuse the overall pre-existing issue of this guy's racism and misogyny. 

It's just a case of Whataboutery at this point to mention that.

No it isn't. It's pointing out that whilst Diane Abbott has received racist comments she has also been known for dishing it out. As Resident said, Massively hypocritical. 

20 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

No it isn't. It's pointing out that whilst Diane Abbott has received racist comments she has also been known for dishing it out. As Resident said, Massively hypocritical. 

The comment would have been equally racist and misogynist if it had been directed at someone else instead so that makes no difference.

If the blokes in the wrong,  then he's in the wrong whatever she,  or anyone else is.

The government and Sunak himself has said that people shouldn't talk in those terms.  That's because they know that it stirs up racial hatred which they claim to be against.

9 hours ago, Axe said:

We are going to have to re-define private.  It has to be assumed in the modern World private work meetings are no longer private.  Anything said regardless whether it was banter or said in jest by an individual  in a work related meeting could be used years later against the individual.  My guess is when Frank Heston made those alleged comments they were greeted with laughter because those present knew the context in what they were  being said.  My guess is the individual who gave the Guardian Newspaper the story is no longer working at the same place.  My guess is high profile bosses are now going to choose their words more carefully in private meetings and assume they will be made public sooner or later  The World has not changed for the better in my opinion. 

Effectively censored in our own private world. I am shocked, literally, at how many people on here appear to think that is a good thing.

I have repeatedly asked if the authoritarians on here really would like to be able to censor people's very thoughts, I doubt they'd deny it. I admit I have not read all the replies, have any of them denied it ?

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

Effectively censored in our own private world. I am shocked, literally, at how many people on here appear to think that is a good thing.

I have repeatedly asked if the authoritarians on here really would like to be able to censor people's very thoughts, I doubt they'd deny it. I admit I have not read all the replies, have any of them denied it ?

Censoring people's thoughts not very democratic,  the 'road to hell.

• Like 1