Frank Hester's Racist Comments About Diane Abbott

Message added by SheffieldForum

The thread has been derailed several times.

Please discuss the topic and stop with the personal comments and digs.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Where did he say that he hates all black women or that he hates Diane Abbott because she is a black woman?

Why did he single out the ethnicity and gender of Diane Abbott as his point of criticism about her then?

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

I have explained why. Care to answer my question?

Yes look at the following quote 

"It's like trying not to be racist but you see Diane Abbott on the TV, and you're just like… you just want to hate all black women because she's there."

Yes helpfully, Hester, in the first 7 words of his sentence says "It's like trying not to be racist" acknowledges that the meaning of the rest of his sentence is racist thing to say.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Yes look at the following quote 

"It's like trying not to be racist but you see Diane Abbott on the TV, and you're just like… you just want to hate all black women because she's there."

Yes helpfully, Hester, in the first 7 words of his sentence says "It's like trying not to be racist" acknowledges that the meaning of the rest of his sentence is racist thing to say.

He doesn't say he hates all black women there.

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

He doesn't say he hates all black women there.

People don't have to spell things out exactly in their purest and simplest forms for their meaning to be understood.

Edited by Mister M

3 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

That's your interpretation of it.

And just about everybody else's interpretation as well.

If I'm wrong, is everyone else wrong as well?

Perhaps you'd care to tell us why Rishi Sunak, who accepted £10 million in donations from him for the Tory Party has acknowledged what he said was racist?

Edited by Mister M

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Perhaps you'd care to tell us why Rishi Sunak, who accepted £10 million in donations from him for the Tory Party has acknowledged what he said was racist?

I don't know, I'm not Rishi Sunak's spokeswoman. Probably trying to stave off a vigilante with how people take everything so seriously these days.