Frank Hester's Racist Comments About Diane Abbott

Message added by SheffieldForum

The thread has been derailed several times.

Please discuss the topic and stop with the personal comments and digs.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

I don't know, I'm not Rishi Sunak's spokeswoman. Probably trying to stave off a vigilante with how people take everything so seriously these days.

If you don't think Hester was being racist, what point do you think he was trying to make?

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

If you don't think Hester was being racist, what point do you think he was trying to make?

Perhaps that someone who grossly miscalculates mathematical figures, wears odd pairs of shoes and makes racist comments isn't the best represntative for said group of people.

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Perhaps that someone who grossly miscalculates mathematical figures, wears odd pairs of shoes and makes racist comments isn't the best represntative for said group of people.

So why didn't he just say that then instead of referencing her race and gender.

Interesting you think that Abbott has made racist comments but you don't think Hester's comments are racist.

I wonder why that would be?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I'm aware that Diane Abbot apologised.

So you accept Diane Abbot said racist things, but you dispute whether Frank Hester's comments are racist. Hmm....

Your thoughts?

Yes, that's exactly correct. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

So why do you think that Hester's comments aren't racist?

Because he hasn't said anything racist. He hasn't expressed a hate for a race. He hasn't used racist slurs. He hasn't said that he hates Diane Abbott because she is black.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Because he hasn't said anything racist. He hasn't expressed a hate for a race. He hasn't used racist slurs. He hasn't said that he hates Diane Abbott because she is black.

Got to say 'Irene', I find amusing that you post conspiratorially on matters such as the 'New World Order', and COVID-19, yet you cannot see when someone is being so obviously racist.

I look forward to more of your posts re memories of Sheffield in the early 1990s, even though you were toddler at the time

Fargate Redevelopment - Page 31 - Sheffield News & Discussions - Sheffield Forum :hihi:

Edited by Mister M

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

He said he doesn't hate all black women. 🙄

Just some.

what would actually qualify as a racist statement if what he said wasn’t?

I mean - he’s looked at Diane abbot and said looking at her makes him want to hate all black women?

why didn’t he say he hated her because he thought she was a racist?

why? Are all black women the same as Diane Abbott cos they’re black?

Is it because they weren’t black men? 

I don’t like Diane Abbott - but it’s not because she’s black or a woman.

look. Easy.

• Like 2