Frank Hester's Racist Comments About Diane Abbott

Message added by SheffieldForum

The thread has been derailed several times.

Please discuss the topic and stop with the personal comments and digs.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Mkapaka said:

Just some.

what would actually qualify as a racist statement if what he said wasn’t?

I mean - he’s looked at Diane abbot and said looking at her makes him want to hate all black women?

why didn’t he say he hated her because he thought she was a racist?

why? Are all black women the same as Diane Abbott cos they’re black?

Is it because they weren’t black men? 

I don’t like Diane Abbott - but it’s not because she’s black or a woman.

look. Easy.

Maybe he was simplifying the articulation of his speech.

9 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Because he hasn't said anything racist. He hasn't expressed a hate for a race. He hasn't used racist slurs. He hasn't said that he hates Diane Abbott because she is black.

Of course he has  -  he's mentioned her colour and her sex.

He could have just said that he doesn't like her personally but he went further than that.

Whether you agree or not is immaterial because the majority of people obviously don't agree with you.

3 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Of course he has  -  he's mentioned her colour and her sex.

He could have just said that he doesn't like her personally but he went further than that.

Whether you agree or not is immaterial because the majority of people obviously don't agree with you.

Diane herself mentions her colour. It's often included in her speeches. It's not racist to say what ethnicity someone is.

38 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Diane herself mentions her colour. It's often included in her speeches. It's not racist to say what ethnicity someone is.

I think I’ve heard enough from you now to make up my mind about you.

You either have no idea what racism is, or you are clumsily trolling.

Either way, it doesn’t reflect very well on you. A well known forum “character” such as yourself should behave with a bit more decorum. Maybe you’ve muddled Irene Swaine up with one of your more “edgy” creations.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Prettytom said:

I think I’ve heard enough from you now to make up my mind about you.

You either have no idea what racism is, or you are clumsily trolling.

Either way, it doesn’t reflect very well on you. A well known forum “character” such as yourself should behave with a bit more decorum. Maybe you’ve muddled Irene Swaine up with one of your more “edgy” creations.

I think I will sleep well despite your opinion of me. I have behaved impeccably. I am pointing out the facts of the matter and have taken great care not to post anything that could be misconstrued. Dear Thomas you seem to have a paranoia about me holding other accounts on here. I have only this one. The argument being put forward is that Frank Hester was racist for mentioning Diane's skin colour. In the context of the speech, he did so in a neutral manner and was not using her race as a form of criticism. 

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

Why does the official Westminster view,  including that of Sunak's,   not coincide with yours then ?

Just now, Organgrinder said:

Why does the official Westminster view,  including that of Sunak's,   not coincide with yours then ?

Because the poster as a different opinion.  

• Like 3

Just now, Axe said:

Because the poster as a different opinion.  

But they cannot both be right so,  Is the Tory party right, remembering that Sunak said that Hester was "racist and wrong"   or  Ms Swaine is right and the Tories are wrong.