Frank Hester's Racist Comments About Diane Abbott

Message added by SheffieldForum

The thread has been derailed several times.

Please discuss the topic and stop with the personal comments and digs.

Thank you.

10 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Do the left wing not have such traits?

They do.

Diane Abbot does, for example.

They aren’t acceptable anywhere. She has the whip suspended at the moment, by way of contrast between the two parties.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

the trouble we have with Chekov weve seen by the covid stuff, he WILL hijack every thread with the same stuff.

You are very blinkered M.

Pretty much everyone on here does the same all the time

On most threads on the one hand, we have people arguing for personal freedom and personal responsibility even if that means a very small amount of risk and / or the odd person getting upset about stuff. 

And on the other people arguing for society to be regulated / restricted / controlled "for the greater good" and/or to avoid anyone ever getting upset

Most arguments come down to that in the end. Everything from Abbott's false fears to Covid restrictions to banning fags

1 minute ago, Prettytom said:

They do.

Diane Abbot does, for example.

They aren’t acceptable anywhere. She has the whip suspended at the moment, by way of contrast between the two parties.

Absolutely.

It's just that another poster has been brainwashed into thinking it's only the right wing who has racists, misogynists, etc etc.

I actually thought said poster was considerably more well read on such matters.

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

So are you saying that Frank Hester wishes to kill Diane Abbott?

In 2019 Mr Hester allegedly said: "It's like trying not to be racist but you see Diane Abbott on the TV, and you're just like I hate, you just want to hate all black women because she's there, and I don't hate all black women at all, but I think she should be shot."

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

Absolutely.

It's just that another poster has been brainwashed into thinking it's only the right wing who has racists, misogynists, etc etc.

I actually thought said poster was considerably more well read on such matters.

There are racists everywhere. I sit amongst them at Hillsborough . I used to work with some. They infest all the major political parties.

They mostly  have something in common though.  They believe that they aren’t racist. That’s one, very good reason why we should all call their vile behaviour out, rather than excusing it as “rude”, or somesuch.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

How can it be if "God" is openly biased ?

I suppose one could say at least SF is being up front, he could just post under a different name, but ideally he should not be posting at all.

And I am not being hypocritical, I am simply pointing out that the only person who can delete posts and censor threads should be seen to be unbiased.

I cannot help thinking, in fact I am certain, if "Sheffield Forum" was a raving libertarian (rather than someone who essentially agrees with most of your views) you would think differently.....

There you go, making opinions up for me again. 

Please stop doing that.

2 minutes ago, El Cid said:

In 2019 Mr Hester allegedly said: "It's like trying not to be racist but you see Diane Abbott on the TV, and you're just like I hate, you just want to hate all black women because she's there, and I don't hate all black women at all, but I think she should be shot."

So you think that he actually want’s to shoot her.

1 minute ago, crookesey said:

So you think that he actually want’s to shoot her.

It may have been a humerous comment and now the media are taking him to task for being a racist. Its perfectly legal to be a racist in private, but not as Mr Big funding our Government.

Just now, El Cid said:

It may have been a humerous comment and now the media are taking him to task for being a racist. Its perfectly legal to be a racist in private, but not as Mr Big funding our Government.

Yes or No will suffice.

• Like 1