Kate Middleton - What The Hell Is Going On?

Just now, Anna B said:

Where would we be without our beloved Royal family as an endless source of gossip and distraction from the important things that are going on...

I get your point Anna,  and I think all the time of the injustices (atm the Iranian guy) but there has to be a balance or we'd be depressed continually.

Just now, cressida said:

I get your point Anna,  and I think all the time of the injustices (atm the Iranian guy) but there has to be a balance or we'd be depressed continually.

You're quite right. 

With the state of things at the moment we need all the distractions we can get...😕

5 hours ago, pattricia said:

The thing is we are all fed up with this overreaction  to  this family photo.  Can they now stop please ! Is there no other important news to report ?

Had it been a genuine normal family photo there would have been little reaction except a bit of cooing from the lovers of these people, the fabricated mess that it was has opened up the whole debate.

11 hours ago, Anna B said:

Does nobody believe Kate's explanation? 

-She attempted to improve the picture but was a bit cack-handed?

Sounds perfectly plausible to me. I have the same problem.

No I think that's absolute nonsense, the image of her face had been taken from a magazine article months ago, if you need to go to those lenghts don't publish a photo at all.

I can’t drum up the enthusiasm to look at the picture, or chase the rumours around Twitter, but, I am delighted that Kate’s convalescence has replace vaccinology in the mind of our resident conspiracy theorist.

12 hours ago, Anna B said:

Does nobody believe Kate's explanation? 

-She attempted to improve the picture but was a bit cack-handed?

Sounds perfectly plausible to me. I have the same problem.

I neither believe, nor disbelieve, the explanation, as I wasn't there and have no insight as to the evidence.
One thing that is clear though, is that the photo has been digitally enhanced/manipulated/created (possibly from more than one original.)

Digital retouching is fine in a portrait shot, though there are strong arguments about changing a subject's proportions.

Artistic licence is also fine, when used in  the realms of creative photography, but not news media releases.

This photo, although it is a family portrait, was released more as a news item intended to dispel certain stories.
Photographs used in the media as news, to ant reputable agency, rightly have a much higher standard of permissible digital manipulation.

That's why the various photo agencies put an immediate block on its use, as the manipulation went way beyond their acceptable standards; they have a duty to supply accurate images to their customers.
It's pretty much unheard of for a royal press office to release a photo which falls foul of permissible standards for the type of submission, which I presume is why it wasn't thoroughly checked before acceptance.

If I supplied a photo for a news item, as opposed to a background for a weather report, I would likely be expected to also supply the out-of-camera image, to prove I'd not materially altered the content.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, peak4 said:

I neither believe, nor disbelieve, the explanation, as I wasn't there and have no insight as to the evidence.
One thing that is clear though, is that the photo has been digitally enhanced/manipulated/created (possibly from more than one original.)

Digital retouching is fine in a portrait shot, though there are strong arguments about changing a subject's proportions.

Artistic licence is also fine, when used in  the realms of creative photography, but not news media releases.

This photo, although it is a family portrait, was released more as a news item intended to dispel certain stories.
Photographs used in the media as news, to ant reputable agency, rightly have a much higher standard of permissible digital manipulation.

That's why the various photo agencies put an immediate block on its use, as the manipulation went way beyond their acceptable standards; they have a duty to supply accurate images to their customers.
It's pretty much unheard of for a royal press office to release a photo which falls foul of permissible standards for the type of submission, which I presume is why it wasn't thoroughly checked before acceptance.

If I supplied a photo for a news item, as opposed to a background for a weather report, I would likely be expected to also supply the out-of-camera image, to prove I'd not materially altered the content.

Exactly this, the whole thing is farcical.