Kate Middleton - What The Hell Is Going On?

Like I have mentioned umpteen times I am not a Royalist, but I believe in event of  any illness or them trying to get a bit of privacy, for God sake leave em alone  :rant:  I've always griped about them being out of touch because of living in a bubble but for Christ sake,  when they try to do a bit of normal stuff they get hounded by that flippin media, admitted if they abuse their position, give it em but when they are making an effort give em a break,  if the media gave William and Kate a break and let them mingle a bit more with the public, I think that bubble would cease to exist and bring understanding from both parties, ie:  a chance to learn us more and then we will learn them more.  

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, francypants said:

The Princess of Wales has just been on BBC news giving a personal statement.     She has got cancer and is in the early stages of Chemotherapy.

I wish her well.

It is an absolute disgrace that the Princess of Wales has had to make such a personal statement.  Absolutely shameful what has happened .

I  also wish her well. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Axe said:

It is an absolute disgrace that the Princess of Wales has had to make such a personal statement.  Absolutely shameful what has happened .

I  also wish her well. 

There's no disgrace whatsoever in Kate making a personal statement.  It was clear that many people cared very deeply for her wellbeing and it's a natural human trait to wonder what's happening.

She will be inundated with goodwill and caring, some of it,  coming even,  from people who are not,  and never will be,  royalists.

No disgrace,   No shame,    just love and caring and also, concern for her loved ones who will be frightened to death at this point. 

3 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

There's no disgrace whatsoever in Kate making a personal statement.  It was clear that many people cared very deeply for her wellbeing and it's a natural human trait to wonder what's happening.

She will be inundated with goodwill and caring, some of it,  coming even,  from people who are not,  and never will be,  royalists.

No disgrace,   No shame,    just love and caring and also, concern for her loved ones who will be frightened to death at this point. 

With respect you have misunderstood my comment.  The Princess of Wales has felt the need to make the personal statement as a consequence of all the over the top  media and social media speculation about her health.  The health of the Princess of Wales should have remained a private matter.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

The thread started turning into a debate about the monarchy.

Considering the news today, that isn’t appropriate in this thread (there’s a time and a place for it — this isn’t it).

So, back on track please…

:thumbsup:

All the best to  Princess Katherine as she continues to recover. She has a few weeks to spend quality time with her children during there Easter Holidays, I do hope the media will give the family privacy.

I also hope The King is continuing to make a full recovery.

• Like 3

On 18/03/2024 at 16:39, Baron99 said:

It's never too late for a revelation & a republic.   If we all rose up by midnight tonight, the Royals would be in Canada before it was sun up there tomorrow. 

Just as they would have done if the Germans had landed at Dover in WWII. 

Shhhhhh,  You can't have free speech on here.  Read post 76.