Scotland And Wales

6 minutes ago, dsweetman said:

the country has gone from a country where my family (that date back for many hundreds of years) have their roots and were proud of the heritage to a place where I am beginning to think (along with some of the family) we will leave and move to northern england!

In that case I understand your feelings.       It's such a shame that so many of the Scots feel as they do and I wouldn't like them to leave us.

What's needed is a way for the Scots to feel as though they matter and that they are part of a partnership of nations rather than  someone who can be dictated to,  which is what happens now.

Unless things change drastically,  I predict they will seek independence anyway and,  if a majority want it,  London won't be able to resist  -  London has learned a lot with Ireland.

22 hours ago, dsweetman said:

the country has gone from a country where my family (that date back for many hundreds of years) have their roots and were proud of the heritage to a place where I am beginning to think (along with some of the family) we will leave and move to northern england!

What country? 

28 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

What country? 

in case you have not noticed or can only read what you want to.......we are talking about independence from the uk for scotland and wales!!!Their are a group of "people" (I use the word people loosely) who are hell bent on breaking up the UNITED KINGDOM.

7 minutes ago, dsweetman said:

in case you have not noticed or can only read what you want to.......we are talking about independence from the uk for scotland and wales!!!Their are a group of "people" (I use the word people loosely) who are hell bent on breaking up the UNITED KINGDOM.

Back in your box. I was merely asking what country you were describing in your post at #20.

On 14/03/2024 at 18:27, El Cid said:

I recall a relative that moved to Newcastle and found it a friendlier place to live, with better public services.

There are many independent countries smaller than this one.

I dont believe you need to be richer to feel happier.

I have moved from Sheffield to Newcastle, not that long ago.  I find Sheffield  people are friendlier than Newcastle folk. It surprised me how many Geordies walk round with a chip on there shoulder.  

7 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Back in your box. I was merely asking what country you were describing in your post at #20.

it only takes a little bit of intelligence to realise which country was being talked about!!!

10 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I assumed it was Scotland being described. 

• Thanks 1

On 14/03/2024 at 14:30, Rockers rule said:

We should be embarrassed having a country as small as ours split up and parts of it doing better than others

I agree with you on this.  Is Government giving Scotland extra money to keep them sweet and remain part of the UK? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I agree with you on this.  Is Government giving Scotland extra money to keep them sweet and remain part of the UK? 

yes they are attempting to but the snp/green assembly are using the funds to further their march toward independence!!!!As far as I am aware they are breaking the law (snp/greens) by using the money for their own agenda!!It is common knowledge that police scotland and the scottish press are controlled by the snp (alledgedly!) so they will not be investigated or charged with the offences.

26 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I have moved from Sheffield to Newcastle, not that long ago.  I find Sheffield  people are friendlier than Newcastle folk. It surprised me how many Geordies walk round with a chip on there shoulder.  

I thought it would have been a Greggs sausage roll to be honest.

• Like 1