Scotland And Wales

6 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Secretary of State for Scotland -Alister William Jack.

Secretary of State for Wales-David Thomas Charles Davies.

Another example of a waste of taxpayers money.  Those named individuals should replace the First Minister of Scotland and the First Minister of Wales.

4 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Who mentioned another layer of government ?

I'm talking of completely replacing the one in London for one of our own so it still adds up to ONLY ONE.

No mayor in the country could waste money on the epic scale demonstrated by this useless,  failed Tory government 

The OP is calling for and English Parliament too.  The OP mentioned another layer of government because an English parliament would be another layer of government.  You need to pay more attention to what has been posted.

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

I won't argue against what you say as you obviously know more about Scotland than I do.

Despite that,  you make some statements without giving reasons  -  Why do you think they cannot join the EU and NATO ?       I understood that the EU would make them welcome.

You also say that Scotland cannot support itself so why are the SNP  so convinced that they could.

What I do agree with many Scottish people is that,  if we could be free from London  them I would vote for independence in a heartbeat.

They can not join the eu for fiscal reasons,they cannot join nato because they have no army etc and want to rememove trident from scottish waters.The snp/greens believe in unicorns and think that scotland can export enough whiskey to support the whole country in it,s depravity!

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

The OP is calling for and English Parliament too.  The OP mentioned another layer of government because an English parliament would be another layer of government.  You need to pay more attention to what has been posted.

You were replying to El Cid and not the OP.   The OP didn't call for an English Parliament or another layer of government  -  he simply asked,  "was living in Scotland better".

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You were replying to El Cid and not the OP.   The OP didn't call for an English Parliament or another layer of government  -  he simply asked,  "was living in Scotland better".

OP is an abbreviation for Original Poster. El Cid is the Original Poster because he started the thread and by default is the first poster.  

You need to read posts more carefully and then you might be less argumentative and disruptive. 

7 minutes ago, dsweetman said:

They can not join the eu for fiscal reasons,they cannot join nato because they have no army etc and want to rememove trident from scottish waters.The snp/greens believe in unicorns and think that scotland can export enough whiskey to support the whole country in it,s depravity!

They would be able to use the European currency.

Are you saying that the Scottish Regiments are not an army - If they split from us then the army would have to be split.   Their feelings on Trident are up to them and most Nato members are not nuclear states.

I'm quite sure they would not be relying on whisky alone as an export and the bit about unicorns is just facetious.

You seem to have a poor opinion of the place so why would you want to hang on to it ?

3 minutes ago, Axe said:

OP is an abbreviation for Original Poster. El Cid is the Original Poster because he started the thread and by default is the first poster.  

You need to read posts more carefully and then you might be less argumentative and disruptive. 

You need to read the posts more carefully because his thread is asking  "was living in Scotland better"

Just now, Organgrinder said:

You need to read the posts more carefully because his thread is asking  "was living in Scotland better"

So he did but not regarding another layer of government.

6 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

They would be able to use the European currency.

Are you saying that the Scottish Regiments are not an army - If they split from us then the army would have to be split.   Their feelings on Trident are up to them and most Nato members are not nuclear states.

I'm quite sure they would not be relying on whisky alone as an export and the bit about unicorns is just facetious.

You seem to have a poor opinion of the place so why would you want to hang on to it ?

the country has gone from a country where my family (that date back for many hundreds of years) have their roots and were proud of the heritage to a place where I am beginning to think (along with some of the family) we will leave and move to northern england!