New Floating Sculpture Artwork Proposed For Sheffield & Tinsley Canal

8 hours ago, Rockers rule said:
15 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

called the Sheffield & Tinsley canal?

Good morning Irene.

That whole area was in fact Hallam

Tinsley was? Hallam must have been massive. There is a sign on Western Bank by the University that denotes one side is Sheffield and one side is Hallam. It must have been a shire with so many places named Hallamshire.

8 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

See if I can upset a few on here 😀 'Beighton' isn't Sheffield its 'Beighton'. I'm sure there can't be many who live in places like Woodhouse (Wudhuss) and don't emphasise Woodhose before they mention the word 'Sheffield'.

Brighton, Halfway and Hackenthorpe was part of Derbyshire until 1967. Sheffield became a city in 1967 and as such, it expanded its boundaries.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Tinsley was? Hallam must have been massive. There is a sign on Western Bank by the University that denotes one side is Sheffield and one side is Hallam. It must have been a shire with so many places named Hallamshire.

Brighton, Halfway and Hackenthorpe was part of Derbyshire until 1967. Sheffield became a city in 1967 and as such, it expanded its boundaries.

Brighton is not part of Hallam, Irene.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

You are a bit out of date there Irene, Sheffield became a city in 1893. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Padders said:

First slip up in 2808 posts.

I'll forgive you this time,

Not quite the first slip up Padders, but Irene is only young so we have to forgive her!

• Like 1

Deafing silence about the mistake in Sheffield's history by our young transport worker. I think I could have joined the RMT club with the training and qualifications I had in the transport and personnel management side of my job. 

On 15/03/2024 at 21:49, Meltman said:

Deafing silence about the mistake in Sheffield's history by our young transport worker. I think I could have joined the RMT club with the training and qualifications I had in the transport and personnel management side of my job. 

What mistake are you referring to?