Mouse Seen In Harvester Meadowhall

mouse has been seen under tables in Harvester Meadowhall. Footage emerged on Facebook showing the rodent running across the floor. The sprightly creature was filmed near the Oasis dining quarter external entrance. 

https://www.facebook.com/story.php/?id=100047106861296&story_fbid=943707443876142 

This is not the first time rodents have been seen in Meadowhall. Last year, several were captured on video running across the Oasis circle and behind kiosk counters. Meadowhall said in a statement that it was working to tackle the issue (2023). 

I find it quite concerning that the issue hasn't been resolved. I would scream the house down if I was sat in Harvester and one ran across my feet. They can climb worktops, which becomes a food safety issue. Part of Food Hygiene is noticing signs of rodent infestation and taking steps to alleviate it. All doors and entry points should be secure and sealed. Food should be stored in air tight containers. Quite how they are getting in a reasonably modern building isn't clear to me. At a guess, I would suggest the swing entrance doors from the river bank terrace have holes somewhere.

7 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

mouse has been seen under tables in Harvester Meadowhall. Footage emerged on Facebook showing the rodent running across the floor. The sprightly creature was filmed near the Oasis dining quarter external entrance. 

https://www.facebook.com/story.php/?id=100047106861296&story_fbid=943707443876142 

This is not the first time rodents have been seen in Meadowhall. Last year, several were captured on video running across the Oasis circle and behind kiosk counters. Meadowhall said in a statement that it was working to tackle the issue (2023). 

I find it quite concerning that the issue hasn't been resolved. I would scream the house down if I was sat in Harvester and one ran across my feet. They can climb worktops, which becomes a food safety issue. Part of Food Hygiene is noticing signs of rodent infestation and taking steps to alleviate it. All doors and entry points should be secure and sealed. Food should be stored in air tight containers. Quite how they are getting in a reasonably modern building isn't clear to me. At a guess, I would suggest the swing entrance doors from the river bank terrace have holes somewhere.

How would you mouse proof a big building  ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

How would you mouse proof a big building  ?

Kitchens should have intact walls and doors with no gaps (steel plates are placed at the bottom of wooden doors to stop rodents chewing through). You can get drain pipe covers as well. There must be some other ways of making them secure. Modern buildings like Saint Paul's don't seem* to have this problem.

9 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Kitchens should have intact walls and doors with no gaps (steel plates are placed at the bottom of wooden doors to stop rodents chewing through). You can get drain pipe covers as well. There must be some other ways of making them secure. Modern buildings like Saint Paul's don't seem* to have this problem.

They do .