Mouse Seen In Harvester Meadowhall

4 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Kitchens should have intact walls and doors with no gaps (steel plates are placed at the bottom of wooden doors to stop rodents chewing through). You can get drain pipe covers as well. There must be some other ways of making them secure. Modern buildings like Saint Paul's don't seem* to have this problem.

Saint Paul's cat scoffed em that's why!

On 14/03/2024 at 15:38, Irene Swaine said:

mouse has been seen under tables in Harvester Meadowhall. Footage emerged on Facebook showing the rodent running across the floor. The sprightly creature was filmed near the Oasis dining quarter external entrance. 

https://www.facebook.com/story.php/?id=100047106861296&story_fbid=943707443876142 

This is not the first time rodents have been seen in Meadowhall. Last year, several were captured on video running across the Oasis circle and behind kiosk counters. Meadowhall said in a statement that it was working to tackle the issue (2023). 

I find it quite concerning that the issue hasn't been resolved. I would scream the house down if I was sat in Harvester and one ran across my feet. They can climb worktops, which becomes a food safety issue. Part of Food Hygiene is noticing signs of rodent infestation and taking steps to alleviate it. All doors and entry points should be secure and sealed. Food should be stored in air tight containers. Quite how they are getting in a reasonably modern building isn't clear to me. At a guess, I would suggest the swing entrance doors from the river bank terrace have holes somewhere.

So you supply sandwiches to a competitor?

• Like 1

A few months ago I was sat having a drink in the Sheaf House on Bramall Ln & a little steel grey mouse run across the floor.  It's just a fact of life these days as humans provide more food for the rodents by casually dropping stuff all over the place. 

The Hardy Pick is only a few hundred feet from the river running down Broadfield Rd.  Not seen anything in tbe Hardy Pick but you want to see the size of some of the rats knocking about down that stretch of river.  Give it time.  

8 hours ago, Baron99 said:

A few months ago I was sat having a drink in the Sheaf House on Bramall Ln & a little steel grey mouse run across the floor.  It's just a fact of life these days as humans provide more food for the rodents by casually dropping stuff all over the place. 

The Hardy Pick is only a few hundred feet from the river running down Broadfield Rd.  Not seen anything in tbe Hardy Pick but you want to see the size of some of the rats knocking about down that stretch of river.  Give it time.  

Worked at Archer road dairy many moons ago.

Some of the waste left over from treating the milk went into the river back then.

The rats must have loved it,  they were massive 🥴

🦘