Professional Protesters .

I think the main criteria for a professional protester is....

A. Be really ugly.

B, Be really angry with no personality or life.

C, Have rich parents

D, Pretend you care about stuff when deep down you really don't give a monkeys.

E, Have the latest iPhone even though you pretend to care about the environment and slavery.

F, Dye your hair a really silly colour as to stand out because no one gives you any attention in the real world.

G, Have spots.

• Like 2

I know this sort of thing happens from personal experience. Years ago when I was living in London, I got occasional work as a TV extra through an agency. One day, some of us were hired to protest against British Airways after one of their executives had made an anti-Semitic remark after viewing a TV advert which featured a Hasidic Jew sitting on one of their planes. We had to go to a large hall where we were given large black coats and wide brimmed hats to wear and placards to carry. We were then bussed out to Heathrow Airport and gathered outside the British Airways headquarters where we were told to run around in a circle, chanting things that would make us sound Jewish and if we didn't speak Yiddish, to make something up. We all ran around waving our placards and chanting, "Ha na ha na," as their staff drove in and out through the gate making obscene gestures at us. Afterwards, we were driven back to the hall and had to form an orderly queue, where we were each given a £50 note.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, despritdan said:

I know this sort of thing happens from personal experience. Years ago when I was living in London, I got occasional work as a TV extra through an agency. One day, some of us were hired to protest against British Airways after one of their executives had made an anti-Semitic remark after viewing a TV advert which featured a Hasidic Jew sitting on one of their planes. We had to go to a large hall where we were given large black coats and wide brimmed hats to wear and placards to carry. We were then bussed out to Heathrow Airport and gathered outside the British Airways headquarters where we were told to run around in a circle, chanting things that would make us sound Jewish and if we didn't speak Yiddish, to make something up. We all ran around waving our placards and chanting, "Ha na ha na," as their staff drove in and out through the gate making obscene gestures at us. Afterwards, we were driven back to the hall and had to form an orderly queue, where we were each given a £50 note.

You only got £50 !  They gave me £100. 

10 hours ago, cuttsie said:

When I see a protest gathering in Sheffield I always look for the Pro's .

These are usually the ones at the front ,   They are very photogenic as they always seem to be captured on any press or TV footage . Some have a megaphone or a card board banner with  "  down with this or that" written in marking pen in capital  writing . 

Perhaps they are genuine and care about every thing , From Palestine to Junior doctors , from miners to bus and transport , from lorry drivers to homeless and so on .

Or is it just the picture in the paper .

They should spend more time on Sheffield Forum to keep busy shouldn’t they ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewalk said:

They should spend more time on Sheffield Forum to keep busy shouldn’t they ?

So they should,   and  some people spend more time than that sat in the boozer thinking they are being useful.

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

So they should,   and  some people spend more time than that sat in the boozer thinking they are being useful.

I know, who wants to sit in a boozer and sup beer !  Crazy 

If people are saying that protesters are paid they  would be better asking  who pays for  the Campaign Against Antisemitism, and the Community Security Trust ?

Edited by Ridgewalk

14 hours ago, cuttsie said:

When I see a protest gathering in Sheffield I always look for the Pro's .

These are usually the ones at the front ,   They are very photogenic as they always seem to be captured on any press or TV footage . Some have a megaphone or a card board banner with  "  down with this or that" written in marking pen in capital  writing . 

Perhaps they are genuine and care about every thing , From Palestine to Junior doctors , from miners to bus and transport , from lorry drivers to homeless and so on .

Or is it just the picture in the paper .

usually professional unemployed that hate the system that supplies their welfare  or retired with else in their lives .??

• Like 1