22 March: A New Chapter For Supertram

10 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Me.

My background is in marketing, and I'm a bit of a brand and font geek, so I'm very interested in stuff like this.

Plus it is nice for people to be able to start to recognise the new look for the network (if indeed this is the logo, which it seems it may be).

Fair enough - although I guess most people recognise a tram, and are only concerned it turns up roughly when due, and gets them where they want to go.

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Fair enough, although I note that, like another poster, you disregard half my post.

It says South Yorkshire because it's being operated by a South Yorkshire-wide body isn't it? 

No different to the Metrolink not actually going into all ten areas of Greater Manchester (doesn't operate in Bolton or Wigan iirc) 

Edited by HeHasRisen

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

It says South Yorkshire because it's being operated by a South Yorkshire-wide body isn't it? 

No different to the Metrolink not actually going into all ten areas of Greater Manchester (doesn't operate in Bolton or Wigan iirc) 

And there is the fact that Barnsley and Doncaster are partly paying for it.....

10 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Metrolink doesn't say 'Greater Manchester Metrolink'.

Just now, RollingJ said:

Metrolink doesn't say 'Greater Manchester Metrolink'.

It's still operated by Transport for Greater Manchester. Yet doesn't cover two tenths of the council areas.

Not arsed what they include on promo materials or logos tbf, as long as the service operates. 

13 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

It's still operated by Transport for Greater Manchester. Yet doesn't cover two tenths of the council areas.

Not arsed what they include on promo materials or logos tbf, as long as the service operates. 

Guess what - I know it is operated by TfGM - but it doesn't, unlike the inference in the new tram logo for this area, claim to cover the whole of Greater Manchester.

I am merely pointing out that Coppard & Co are making out that the tram covers the whole of S.Y, when it doesn't, and is yet more indication that our esteemed mayor' is omnipresent, a little like the continued claim that the capped single fare is still the 'Mayor's Fare', when it hasn't been, for a couple of years.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Guess what - I know it is operated by TfGM - but it doesn't, unlike the inference in the new tram logo for this area, claim to cover the whole of Greater Manchester.

I am merely pointing out that Coppard & Co are making out that the tram covers the whole of S.Y, when it doesn't, and is yet more indication that our esteemed mayor' is omnipresent, a little like the continued claim that the capped single fare is still the 'Mayor's Fare', when it hasn't been, for a couple of years.

I'm guessing the 'South Yorkshire's Transport' bit will - like when SYT was in existence - be a strapline across all the public transport infrastructure when buses brought into public ownership and are franchised. It's just come a little earlier than that for the tram.