22 March: A New Chapter For Supertram

On 19/03/2024 at 15:39, RollingJ said:

You believe what you like, but I'm not convinced our local politicians will be happy to leave the operation in the hands of people who know how to run the service efficiently and within budget.

Is there any evidence to support the case that the new mob know how to run the service efficiently and within budget because unless they are going to bring in transportation expertise from outside then sorry it won’t happen. I agree though that our local politicians will meddle and interfere likely with costly implications 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BigAl1 said:

Is there any evidence to support the case that the new mob know how to run the service efficiently and within budget because unless they are going to bring in transportation expertise from outside then sorry it won’t happen. I agree though that our local politicians will meddle and interfere likely with costly implications 

There is no evidence whatsoever, and I am as sceptical as you - or possibly even more so.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BigAl1 said:

Well, for a start they’re apparently transferring all the existing staff, including the people running it currently, as well as expanding that team over the transition period.

So, if you think it is run ok now then for now it will literally be the same people running it from Friday, just under a new banner with a new ‘parent company’, so to speak.

From TSY:

“From today, our tram network will be owned and operated by us, the people of South Yorkshire.

“While you might not notice changes overnight, bringing the tram back under control is a signal of our commitment to a more connected South Yorkshire.

“Our vision is not just a bigger and better tram network, but a fully integrated, cleaner, greener and safer public transport system.

“We promise not just to move you from A to B, but to connect and strengthen our communities.

“This is a down payment on the future.”

IMG_3798.jpeg.0b67632b977248d53ebb09b5c5b3d2ca.jpeg

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

Well, for a start they’re apparently transferring all the existing staff, including the people running it currently, as well as expanding that team over the transition period.

Of course they are, have you ever heard of TUPE? 

• Like 3

So used the new app today to buy my ticket.  Pretty straightforward but it only has day, week, monthly and Family tickets.  Does anyone know if there are plans to add further tickets on there?  I travel into town with my kids so they can get the train to school.  It would be good if I could buy tickets for us all at the same time but I can't put in their £1 single fare as an option...