National Health Service

I have recently been placed on two NHS waiting lists by my GP, one Audiology , the other Orthopaedics, both being for circa 18 months. As I turn age 77 in June I reminded them that I don’t have that many 18 month’s left, they didn’t appear to understand this. However my cheapo hearing aid covers one condition, any offers for frozen shoulders guys? :huh:

11 minutes ago, crookesey said:

I have recently been placed on two NHS waiting lists by my GP, one Audiology , the other Orthopaedics, both being for circa 18 months. As I turn age 77 in June I reminded them that I don’t have that many 18 month’s left, they didn’t appear to understand this. However my cheapo hearing aid covers one condition, any offers for frozen shoulders guys? :huh:

Sorry to hear this.

A couple of years ago I  fractured my arm,  and aside from being advised to use a sling they suggested that I do some exercises to get some movement into the area.

I wonder if you could see your GP,  and see what he thinks? 18 months is an awfully long time to go without moving your shoulder. You can get the NHS exercises pamphlet for your shoulder online.

5 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Sorry to hear this.

A couple of years ago I  fractured my arm,  and aside from being advised to use a sling they suggested that I do some exercises to get some movement into the area.

I wonder if you could see your GP,  and see what he thinks? 18 months is an awfully long time to go without moving your shoulder. You can get the NHS exercises pamphlet for your shoulder online.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/frozen-shoulder/

Check if your G.P surgery has drop in Physiotherapy, they'll  be able to suggest exercises or refer on for investigations.

I saw a physio at my G.P surgery for my shoulder, he soon assessed I need to see someone at the hospitals physio centre. took less than a month could have been sooner but was over the xmas period.

Edited by Beechwood_S6

6 minutes ago, Beechwood_S6 said:

Check if your G.P surgery has drop in Physiotherapy, they'll  be able to suggest exercises or refer on for investigations.

I saw a physio at my G.P surgery for my shoulder, he soon assessed I need to see someone at the hospitals physio centre. took less than a month could have been sooner but was over the xmas period.

Will do, thanks.

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

Try STEPS on Southbourne Road,

Clare is lovely, I’m sure she’ll be able to

help you out.

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

I had a fall last Oct & damaged a shoulder.  Physio at the doctors for around 2 months, (4 visits),  then that was it.  Just told if it persists, keep rubbing the high strength Voltarol in.  If after a few months it's still the same, get back in touch with the GP.  

Try the Voltarol.  The NHS aren't bothered about a sore shoulder, no matter how much it constantly nags away. 

Ask to see someone at the musculoskeletal clinic, an xray will just prove you have that condition. Keep moving, I am guess you dont want a new shoulder?

So just get on with life, gentle exercise, you could go to the exercise class for oldies at your local sports center.

3 hours ago, crookesey said:

I have recently been placed on two NHS waiting lists by my GP, one Audiology , the other Orthopaedics, both being for circa 18 months. As I turn age 77 in June I reminded them that I don’t have that many 18 month’s left, they didn’t appear to heapo hearing aid covers one condition, any offers for frozen shoulders guys? :huh:

Would an injection in your shoulder help while you wait? It helped me for the same reason. 

However, I agree having to wait 18 months just isn't good enough, especially when you could probably get it done within a week if you have the means to pay. Our NHS system is in a sorry state and needs reform, but that's what you get with the Tories in charge for 13 years of cuts and privatisation.

It wasn't perfect under Labour, but it was much better than this.

Edited by Anna B