What Were The Best Years Of Your Life?

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

Ah, thankyou. It's been very hard, but we carry on don't we...?

We have to, and it is hard. I just keep putting one foot in front of the other and keeping to the new routine which is far away from the old routine...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

I'm hoping that my best years are yet to come....🤞

I hope they are for you too! I waited  a long time for my best years and had almost given up hope and then it happened. Good luck to you!

Here and now. Did my 50 years in the world of work, got out slightly early and am now enjoying the fruits of my labour. I owe nobody nowt, have enough to pay my way and a bit left over for a rainy day.

• Like 3

What counts as 'best'?  I'll go for absolutely stress-free, no concerns, world is my oyster, my god I'm fantastic, life doesn't get any better than this.  In which case that's the late 80s.  That's not to say that life since hadn't been various shades of blissful (and miserable), but from that point on there's always been a cloud or two to spoil the view.

Just now, Draggletail said:

I hope they are for you too! I waited  a long time for my best years and had almost given up hope and then it happened. Good luck to you!

Thanks, but I think it's me that's got to make it happen, rather than hoping, then becoming all bitter if it doesn't happen :hihi:

Actually thinking about it - in between the ages of 20 and 22 is probably when I was happiest. I was working in a pub, having a laugh then I fell in love for the first time.....

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Thanks, but I think it's me that's got to make it happen, rather than hoping, then becoming all bitter if it doesn't happen :hihi:

It can happen without you making it happen, that's how it worked for me just as I was giving up... maybe I just got fortunate, so don't stop trying.

9 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Actually thinking about it - in between the ages of 20 and 22 is probably when I was happiest. I was working in a pub, having a laugh then I fell in love for the first time.....

Ah, first love, wonderful! ♥

Just now, Draggletail said:

It can happen without you making it happen, that's how it worked for me just as I was giving up... maybe I just got fortunate, so don't stop trying.

Thanks  :thumbsup: