To Many People .

11 minutes ago, m williamson said:

What an utter load of bigoted tripe.

. You're talking to someone who has been a season ticket holder for over fifty years and followed my team all over England and personally witnessed the drunken violence of sections of the English fans.

I've also watched my local and county hurling teams play in numerous grounds in Ireland including Croke Park on four occasions with a crowd of over 84,000. In Ireland there's no segregation, drinking is allowed in the ground and the fans drink together before the match and after the match. In over 70 years I've never seen violence between opposing fans,

There's no comparison, take a look at what happened when the English football team tried to play a friendly in Dublin years ago 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CxKyej8mfk

When it comes to violent scum England has a far bigger percentage. I've lived and been educated in both countries and unlike some ignorant bigot actually know what I'm talking about.

Wind your neck in. 

No one would dispute that England has some absolute whoppers.

I said in MY experience, just like your opinion is your experience.

Your last paragraph and language basically sums up your blatant bias and inner anger towards the English, but we are no stranger those opinions from you are we.

Many a St Paddy's day has seen myself and other Brits trying to keep the peace between the Irish once they have sank a few when I lived in New York .

That's not being a bigot, that's just a fact pal. Deal with it.

12 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Wind your neck in. 

Your last paragraph and language basically sums up your blatant bias and inner anger towards the English, but we are no stranger those opinions from you are we.

Many a St Paddy's day has seen myself and other Brits trying to keep the peace between the Irish once they have sank a few when I lived in New York .

Why not try telling us how many wars the English have waged and how many have the Irish conducted ?

The Irish in the states have the American influence on them so we can't expect them to be any more peaceful than the average yank. 

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Why not try telling us how many wars the English have waged and how many have the Irish conducted ?

The Irish in the states have the American influence on them so we can't expect them to be any more peaceful than the average yank. 

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about have you.

When was your visit to the states that has led you to come to this preposterous conclusion or is it what you see on the telly?

4 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about have you.

When was your visit to the states that has led you to come to this preposterous conclusion or is it what you see on the telly?

You don't understand that living in the USA will makes people behave like Americans ?

All that travel hasn't taught you very much.

You forgot to tell us how many wars the English have waged compared to the Irish. 

27 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Wind your neck in. 

You're the one that needs to wind his neck in with the smart remarks and lack of knowledge. " blatant bias and inner anger toward the English ".

My Sheffield family have been traced back to 1706 in Sheffield, which is before Great Britain existed. In Geoffrey Tweedale's Directory of Sheffield cutlery manufacturers 1740 to 2013 I have two grandparents and a granduncle included in the book.

My father served throughout WW2 and saw action in France, North Africa and Italy. His elder half brother who I knew well served in the Royal Navy throughout WW1.

Their first cousin was killed at the age of 19 on the first day of the battle of the Somme. I've visited my cousins grave in Luke Copse War Cemetery Serre,  on the return trip I visited the beach at Dunkirk where my father spent five days in 1940 waiting for a lift home.

You know nothing about my opinions which are formed by actual knowledge unlike yours which are blatantly biased.

You have shown yourself to be an ill-informed bigot on this forum and that is a fact, deal with it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, m williamson said:

You're the one that needs to wind his neck in with the smart remarks and lack of knowledge. " blatant bias and inner anger toward the English ".

My Sheffield family have been traced back to 1706 in Sheffield, which is before Great Britain existed. In Geoffrey Tweedale's Directory of Sheffield cutlery manufacturers 1740 to 2013 I have two grandparents and a granduncle included in the book.

My father served throughout WW2 and saw action in France, North Africa and Italy. His elder half brother who I knew well served in the Royal Navy throughout WW1.

Their first cousin was killed at the age of 19 on the first day of the battle of the Somme. I've visited my cousins grave in Luke Copse War Cemetery Serre,  on the return trip I visited the beach at Dunkirk where my father spent five days in 1940 waiting for a lift home.

You know nothing about my opinions which are formed by actual knowledge unlike yours which are blatantly biased.

You have shown yourself to be an ill-informed bigot on this forum and that is a fact, deal with it.

You can talk about your family history until the cows come home if it makes you feel better but the fact still stands that I and many English colleagues spent every St Paddy's day breaking up scraps between the Irish, (who were also colleagues) in bars up and down upper Manhattan during the 90s, particularly he Limerick lads ( stab city)  who always ended up in a pile on with the Belfast lads.

Thing is, come the following day at work they would all be sporting cuts and bruises yet were all mates again.

Funny as owt it was.

Not sure what makes me a bigot, but if it makes you happy and calms you down then that's  ok.

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

You don't understand that living in the USA will makes people behave like Americans ?

All that travel hasn't taught you very much.

You forgot to tell us how many wars the English have waged compared to the Irish. 

I've no idea.

What that's got to do with anything I've no idea but knock yourself out.

I lived in the states for years, in what way should I behave, or for that matter, please enlighten us oh sage one.....

How do Americans behave?

This should be good, my American partner and i Iook forward to your answer with great anticipation, especially as you have never stepped foot outside of the UK.

How do you mean?

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

My grandad, Hugh Mungus Padders was an international secret service officer and interpol cop.

He joined the intelligence department of MI5, but was only in it for a week after he swallowed a Rubik cube....

He was a weapons expert, he went to Holland to single handedly wipe out a huge and dangerous drugs cartel, armed to the teeth with several handguns, 15 knifes concealed about his person, 300 grenades, flash bangs, and even a 1970's box of standard fireworks.

He fell into a canal on day 1, and drowned after the weight of all the weaponary dragged him to the bottom..

They say a drowning man will clutch at a straw to save himself, Grandad clutched at what he thought was a straw, but it turned out to be the arming pin of one his concealed grenades...

He's now buried in Holland, France, Germany, Sweden, the English Channel, and possibly the moon.

Brave fella my Grandad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1