Sheffield's New FREE Electric City Centre Buses (Sheffield Connect)

3 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I agree.  I was also going to say in my last post never heard of any of the electric buses being pinched up in Newcastle and Gateshead.  

There's always some twonks who will try anything 'for a laugh' - and having the vehicles in insecure storage just makes it easier for said sad cases.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

There's always some twonks who will try anything 'for a laugh' - and having the vehicles in insecure storage just makes it easier for said sad cases.

Twonks who can start a bus a drive them a long distance .  When was the last time a bus was pinched in Sheffield  ?

• Like 1

Just now, RollingJ said:

I agree about some people will do anything for a laugh.  The electric buses seem to be kept in secure storage up here in Gateshead where they are charged.  The bus drivers seen to enjoy driving them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Twonks who can start a bus a drive them a long distance .  When was the last time a bus was pinched in Sheffield  ?

The fact they can start and drive a bus doesn't make them any less of a twonk (thief, if you prefer). It is a long time since I heard of one in Sheffield, but I think it has happened before.

The problem in this case is that they were in insecure storage, in a quiet part of city. How often do you see empty buses just sat there, in the open, in the middle of the night? You don't - they are in secured compounds.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Interesting.  I assume the three undamaged ones are now on secure storage - and the other on on its way for repair?

Damaged one wasn't there around 9pm last night, though the others were. 

Haven't been to the bus station tonight so I can't say,

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

The fact they can start and drive a bus doesn't make them any less of a twonk (thief, if you prefer). It is a long time since I heard of one in Sheffield, but I think it has happened before.

The problem in this case is that they were in insecure storage, in a quiet part of city. How often do you see empty buses just sat there, in the open, in the middle of the night? You don't - they are in secured compounds.

There have been instances where buses have been left in bus stations/on the road till late at night but these are ones that usually require being towed back to the depot because they won't move under their own power. 

• Like 2

The Council just love wasting tax payers money on schemes like this.

Its been tried several times over the years and failed.

While Sheffield may be a moderate sized city , the city centre is actually a very tiny circula route , there is no demand or need for these buses .... I've seen it myself when in town, when one passed me, totally empty ....

the fact that they are now being stolen only highlights another dark and miserable aspect of this dark ages city, no respect for property , as shown by the wanton graffiti everywhere , far worse than other similar cities 😕  

7 hours ago, GoldenAleLad said:

Ah, we finally got there. 

I blame Thatcher. And the space lizards. And the Gorgons.

7 hours ago, Resident said:

Damaged one wasn't there around 9pm last night, though the others were. 

Haven't been to the bus station tonight so I can't say,

There have been instances where buses have been left in bus stations/on the road till late at night but these are ones that usually require being towed back to the depot because they won't move under their own power. 

I understand what you are saying in your last paragraph, and that is not the same as storing them there - if they need towing, they need towing. :wink:

7 hours ago, GoldenAleLad said:

Its been tried several times over the years and failed.

While Sheffield may be a moderate sized city , the city centre is actually a very tiny circula route , there is no demand or need for these buses .... I've seen it myself when in town, when one passed me, totally empty ....

the fact that they are now being stolen only highlights another dark and miserable aspect of this dark ages city, no respect for property , as shown by the wanton graffiti everywhere , far worse than other similar cities 😕  

Agree with most of your comment, too, although I would take issue slightly with your last comment.