Sheffield's New FREE Electric City Centre Buses (Sheffield Connect)

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

True , back on topic please . Now , how about charging them from roof mounted diesel generators . 

Good plan - I think 🤣 - but they are already a tonne or more heavier than their diesel😀 counterparts - you want to add more damage to your pot-holed roads?

Just now, RollingJ said:

Good plan - I think 🤣 - but they are already a tonne or more heavier than their diesel😀 counterparts - you want to add more damage to your pot-holed roads?

Sorry - the grin should have gone at the end.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Don't worry about the roads , the council are sorting them out . :thumbsup:

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, SheffieldForum said:

These buses have launched today - so get your city centre circular travel in for free!

Anyone seen them out in the wild and actually on route yet?

Fraid not - and I won't be going into the city centre until the middle of next week, although I will be doing both routes, just to see (a) what the vehicles are like and (b) how 'popular' they are.

• Like 1