Sheffield's New FREE Electric City Centre Buses (Sheffield Connect)

5 minutes ago, GabrielC said:

This bus would be a real helpful for me but how do they run is there a time table I would be getting on at the bus station? 

Full timetable here: https://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/TSY/media/Timetables/SC1-SC2-Sheffield-valid-from-08-April-2024-(PDF-519kb).pdf?ext=.pdf

So I've seen these trundling around a bit over last few days. 

I think they need to send them back to AD/BYD. 

The indicators don't seem to work and niether do the rear view cameras.

1 minute ago, Resident said:

So I've seen these trundling around a bit over last few days. 

I think they need to send them back to AD/BYD. 

The indicators don't seem to work and niether do the rear view cameras.

In other words - the same numpty drivers who were driving the minibuses are now driving these much bigger/longer vehicles to the same poor standards?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

In other words - the same numpty drivers who were driving the minibuses are now driving these much bigger/longer vehicles to the same poor standards?

Pretty much. One pulled out on a double decker this morning. Seems other drivers are aware of their poor standards and anticipating it. 

Doesn't justify or excuse it though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Resident said:

Pretty much. One pulled out on a double decker this morning. Seems other drivers are aware of their poor standards and anticipating it. 

Doesn't justify or excuse it though. 

Agreed. I might be wrong (don't keep up with the rules), but don't you need to qualify to drive a full-size vehicle?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Agreed. I might be wrong (don't keep up with the rules), but don't you need to qualify to drive a full-size vehicle?

Class D1 will cover you for minibuses and buses under 7.5ton. Over that you need the full Class D however most PCV training is Class D and automatically entitles D1. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Resident said:

Class D1 will cover you for minibuses and buses under 7.5ton. Over that you need the full Class D however most PCV training is Class D and automatically entitles D1. 

Well - the BYD/ADL's are certainly heavier than 7.5t., but I suppose these guys have a 'D', but very little experience.

• Like 1

Blimey, talk about putting something down before I even gets proper chance to get going. 

There really does seem to be collective on here desperate for this initiative to fail. 

Or perhaps I'm missing something. Has there been a wave of destruction all over the city centre caused by these vehicles? Are pedestrians getting flattened hourly by these vehicles?  Has there been a chain of crashes happening by these supposed unskilled and unqualified drivers? 

I have been in the city for the past couple of days and can't say I have seen a pile of green Freebee buses upside down in the middle of Arundel Gate or smashed through the window of Atkinsons or bouncing up a kerb narrowly avoiding pedestrians...  Are they really that much better or worse than any other bus driver navigating around a busy city?

• Haha 2

I've seen the way the minibuses were driven, and if it is the same drivers - as I suspect it is - they were rather 'reckless', shall we say. You can't drive a 10.9m vehicle the same way as a converted breadvan.

• Thanks 1