Sheffield's New FREE Electric City Centre Buses (Sheffield Connect)

Just now, YorkieontheTyne said:

Any alteration to an operators licence, including registration of a new operating centre will have been published in the Traffic Comissioners Notices and Proceedings, a well known cure for insomnia!

I had thought of that too. Is it possible to find that online?

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

I had thought of that too. Is it possible to find that online?

Yes. I assume it’s still the Yorkshire Area Traffic Comissioners. All applications for operators licences, operating centres, route changes, disciplinary proceedings, and much much more can be found there. Normally published weekly. I’d be interested to know if you find owt. You may have to go back some time. Good hunting.

12 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

Yes. I assume it’s still the Yorkshire Area Traffic Comissioners. All applications for operators licences, operating centres, route changes, disciplinary proceedings, and much much more can be found there. Normally published weekly. I’d be interested to know if you find owt. You may have to go back some time. Good hunting.

They appear to have 'improved' the site - at one time I had a bookmark which took me directly there, but it just points to the headline page now - where I  can't find the new applications/registrations.

37 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

They appear to have 'improved' the site - at one time I had a bookmark which took me directly there, but it just points to the headline page now - where I  can't find the new applications/registrations.

Improvements eh. Of course, I made a stupid comment in my last post, because if you do find anything then they’re legit.

2 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

South Pennine Buses director Kevin Carr said in a statement: “Shortly before 2am two of our Sheffield Connect buses were illegally entered into by subjects.

“Shortly later, subjects stole at least one of the vehicles from its site. Subsequently during the period of the night significant damage was caused to our vehicle and that of third parties and third party property. We are working with our partners at SYMCA (South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority) and Sheffield City Council , whilst South Yorkshire Police have begun a full investigation to identify the subjects and bring them to account.

“We respectfully ask for your patience whilst these enquiries are ongoing and rest assured our team are working incredibly hard to minimise any disruption.

“We thank you for your understanding and co-operation during what is a very upsetting time for our team.”

Why is it upsetting for the team ?  Is it coming out of their wages ? 

• Haha 2

Just to update on the stolen bus front. 

It wasn't one bus that was stolen, 2 were stolen. The 2nd was found 60miles away, undamaged. Both were seen together on the Parkway & Crystal Peaks prior to the one being crashed in Killamarsh. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Resident said:

Just to update on the stolen bus front. 

It wasn't one bus that was stolen, 2 were stolen. The 2nd was found 60miles away, undamaged. Both were seen together on the Parkway & Crystal Peaks prior to the one being crashed in Killamarsh. 

Interesting.  I assume the three undamaged ones are now on secure storage - and the other on on its way for repair?

On 19/03/2024 at 15:51, MICK BADGER said:

due to the amount of electric buses going up in flames

I will be giving them a miss

Electric  buses have been running in Newcastle and Gateshead since 2020.  I don’t think any of them have gone up in flames so far.  

6 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

This story is a bit strange . Two buses being pinched , one being returned damaged , one being found miles away .  Why ?

I agree.  I was also going to say in my last post never heard of any of the electric buses being pinched up in Newcastle and Gateshead.