Sheffield's New FREE Electric City Centre Buses (Sheffield Connect)

10 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

They definitely didn’t take both back to the station — there are photos from the morning showing one of them in situ at Killamarsh after crashing (and being recovered).

I’ve heard about 15 different stories about this now — there’s some Chinese whispers going on! 🤣

I saw the two Connect busses parked up in the station the following morning, both taped off and both being examined by police CSI forensic officers.

I was told by a bus driver that the thieves boarded both busses, but only one was stolen. Apparently on previous nights the bus station security had seen youths boarding the busses and messing around in them.

IMG_9084.JPG

1 minute ago, WarPig said:

I saw the two Connect busses parked up in the station the following morning, both taped off and both being examined by police CSI forensic officers.

I was told by a bus driver that the thieves boarded both busses, but only one was stolen. Apparently on previous nights the bus station security had seen youths boarding the busses and messing around in them.

IMG_9084.JPG

So, if security were aware of the issue, why were they not more vigilant? And why were they still stored there - As far as I can determine, the Interchange is not listed as as an operation centre.

• Thanks 1

I've been using the Connect busses all week, both service 1 & 2, though they are operating a reduced service with Connect 2 being every 20mins instead of every 7-8mins.. Made me late back to work after my lunch break today.

I think the busses are great, but there's hardly any leg room between the seats. If you need to hop from one bus to the other then they converge at the bus station, Charter Row,  Cumberland Street and Eyre Street as per this map.

Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 21.21.32.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

So, if security were aware of the issue, why were they not more vigilant? And why were they still stored there - As far as I can determine, the Interchange is not listed as as an operation centre.

The bus driver I spoke to was asking the same.

Though the driver I spoke to today said they had now been told not to discuss the incident with passengers, which is understandable. Loose lips sink ships.

Edited by WarPig
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, WarPig said:

The bus driver I spoke to was asking the same.

Though the driver I spoke to today said they had now been told not to discuss the incident with passengers, which is understandable. Loose lips sink ships.

I don't think it is a case of 'loose lips sink ships', more that someone has really not thought this trough, As I said, the buses are NOT supposed to be stored there, and some knuckles are going to get rapped - hard.

Edited by RollingJ
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Just as an aside, this proves that Coppard & Co will make a complete foul-up if they take over the PSV service - they haven''t got a clue what they are doing.

Point of order there RollingJ. Having a clue what you’re doing isn’t a qualification required to be a senior manager. Just look at the Post Office!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 17/04/2024 at 21:22, WarPig said:

I've been using the Connect busses all week, both service 1 & 2, though they are operating a reduced service with Connect 2 being every 20mins instead of every 7-8mins.. Made me late back to work after my lunch break today.

I think the busses are great, but there's hardly any leg room between the seats. If you need to hop from one bus to the other then they converge at the bus station, Charter Row,  Cumberland Street and Eyre Street as per this map.

Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 21.21.32.png

As a point of interest SC2 is only scheduled as every 20 minutes - has been since its introduction.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

As a point of interest SC2 is only scheduled as every 20 minutes - has been since its introduction.

I didn't realise, I just remember seeing posters at the bus stop saying 7-8mins, they must have been referring to SC1

It's handy that SC2 stops right outside my office as I often jump on at lunch times and just get off at random stops for a nosey about.

Edited by WarPig

1 minute ago, WarPig said:

I didn't realise, I just remember seeing posters at the bus stop saying 7-8mins, they must have been referring to SC1

It's handy that SC2 stops right outside my office as I often jump on at lunch times and just get off at random stops for a nosey about.

Yes, they are referring to SC1 - I bet the fact is in  a very small font somewhere.