Sheffield's New FREE Electric City Centre Buses (Sheffield Connect)

10 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I don't know how accurate the information I was given about charging time was, he could of been wrong for all I know. I'm not sure how long it takes to charge would of been a consideration as to where to store them anyway.

This incident does seem to show they need to evaluate how they are stored though, even if just better security. 

Irrespective of the charging time, storing £1/2m of vehicles in an insecure location is, I would imagine, an insurers no-no.

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

He may not specifically  claim 'responsibility' , but he certainly likes his name associated with the 'big' things.

Of course he does.

He’s a politician and he wants to be re-elected.

He’ll be judged on what is delivered (or not) under his leadership.

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

Irrespective of the charging time, storing £1/2m of vehicles in an insecure location is, I would imagine, an insurers no-no.

You'd have to ask them that but the question was surely asked when the insurance was sorted out as to where they were stored overnight. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

You'd have to ask them that but the question was surely asked when the insurance was sorted out as to where they were stored overnight. 

I assume it was, and somewhere earlier in this thread @SheffieldForumquoted a TSY/SYMCA source as saying it would be at Brightside - they were obviously lying/misinformed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I assume it was, and somewhere earlier in this thread @SheffieldForumquoted a TSY/SYMCA source as saying it would be at Brightside - they were obviously lying/misinformed.

Yes.

This is the question for me. Why weren’t the buses stored at Brightside, like TSY stated they would be? Might be an awkward question to ask a few contacts when the furore dies down.

10 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I could be wrong but I thought he said it was a staff member at the interchange or something like that rather than TSY/SYMCA. It wouldn't have to be someone high up that would of dealt with the insurance so  not sure how accurate @SheffieldForum information, might of been more hearsay.

Just now, SheffieldForum said:

Yes.

This is the question for me. Why weren’t the buses stored at Brightside, like TSY stated they would be? Might be an awkward question to ask a few contacts when the furore dies down.

I think @NERVY-OWL has answered that - the Brightside yard is not big enough to store 4 x 36' vehicles in.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Yes.

Beat me to replying. Maybe the TSY person you spoke to wasn't as in the know as you thought. I doubt anyone would risk voiding any insurance by not parking them in the place the insurance expect them to be put either.

I'm sure many questions will be asked when it's died down.

• Like 2