Are We A Christian Country Now?

Yes we are a Christian country. Nigel Farage is correct to speak out.  We need a government to promote traditional Christian values rather than appeasing other faiths. 

8 minutes ago, Axe said:

Yes we are a Christian country. Nigel Farage is correct to speak out.  We need a government to promote traditional Christian values 

Yes but I do respect other people's right to their own faith.

• Like 2

I don't see any problem with it.

London has a massive Muslim community and as it's merely celebrating Ramadan I really don't see a problem. 

And with that, Ramadan Mubarak to our Muslim posters 👍

• Like 3

The last census results. 

Across England and Wales, 46% of people identified as being Christian, 37% said they had no religion, 6% identified as Muslim, and 2% identified as Hindu. Around 2% identified as being Buddhist, Sikh, Jewish or of another religion.

Strangers place IMO to put up any messages  which are unrelated to trains.

I understand when they are on sides of buses or advertising boards etc.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

The last census results. 

Across England and Wales, 46% of people identified as being Christian, 37% said they had no religion, 6% identified as Muslim, and 2% identified as Hindu. Around 2% identified as being Buddhist, Sikh, Jewish or of another religion.

What are the missing 7% I wonder. 

Either way, interesting there are technically more people who dont identify as Christian than those who do.    What a surprise Nigel Farage talking balls just to draw attention to himself.   

This paragraph in the article sums it up for me.   Typical fuss over nothing that rolls around every year.

“....Throughout the year, messaging at the station also celebrates festivals from other religions including Easter, Christmas, Passover, and Diwali to mark the beliefs of our colleagues and passengers"

57 minutes ago, cressida said:

Yes but I do respect other people's right to their own faith.

Yes I also respect other people's right to their own faith but UK laws should continue to be based around Christian beliefs and the Magna Carta honoured. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

Britain is by and large a secular country, which is good.

Nonsense over half of the the British population have religious beliefs.  Nothing good about being secular.