England Kit: Fa Respond To Calls To Ditch Shirt Over Controversial Change

1 minute ago, Baron99 said:

Unfunny, Manc comedian.  He'll have to offer a comment on this.  It's March & its along time until the next panto rehearsal to be out of the limelight. 

Thanks. My first thought was that he was one those 'influencers' - another element of society we can well do without.

Just now, Al Bundy said:

So people shouldn't be able to discuss it?

Can do for all I care but it won't change, will be worn by the team and will be around for a few more years. 

So  if people don't like it, don't buy it

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Thanks. My first thought was that he was one those 'influencers' - another element of society we can well do without.

More Peter Kay-lite than influencer. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

My thoughts - Oh dear, oh dear. And who the blazes is Jason Manford?

He’s an unfunny comedian who was caught sexting women on more than one occasion behind his wife’s back.

• Like 1

So now Starmer has wades into the 'argument'. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68632034

Nike have got exactly what they wanted, a vast amount of free publicity.   It's the costs, especially of the 'authentic' shirts that get me.  £125.  Fair enough, it might have been 'playfully' designed & developed in the US but the majority will probably be sawn together in the backstreets of Dhaka?

The FA have shot themselves in the foot with this one.

Not a lot of people have noticed this but the colours of the St Georges flag have been changed to an amalgamation of the LGBTQ+ flags

And then they have the cheek to charge £130 for the privilege 

The German national side are dropping Adidas as their kit provider in favour of Nike.   German ministers have accused the German FA of being unpatriotic. 

Maybe Nike will be putting a 'playful' little swastika on the back of their collars? 

• Like 1