England Kit: Fa Respond To Calls To Ditch Shirt Over Controversial Change

15 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

England kit: FA respond to calls to ditch shirt over controversial change that honours 1966 heroes

The FA and Nike are refusing to back down on England's new home kit after it's unveiling led to a fan backlash from people who are unhappy that the colours of St Georges' Cross has been changed

The Football Association and Nike have insisted that there are no plans to recall England's new kit despite some social media backlash.

The Three Lions' new home strip sparked outrage online after a "playful update" to the St Georges' Cross on the rear collar of the kit was highlighted, with the red cross replaced with one bearing the colours of navy, light blue and purple.

Some England fans have either questioned or not accepted the change and have taken to social media to protest against the decision. Several high-profile figures, including Jason Manford, have also questioned the controversial decision.

However, there are currently no plans to change the design, with the FA 'standing behind' the decision to change the colours of the cross.

Your thoughts?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/new-england-kit-euro-2024-32408648

Your thoughts?

33 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

The German national side are dropping Adidas as their kit provider in favour of Nike.   German ministers have accused the German FA of being unpatriotic. 

Maybe Nike will be putting a 'playful' little swastika on the back of their collars? 

I doubt most of the countries in the West would have the balls to stand up for their national flag.

I would love to see Nike try and alter the Turkish  flag.

Cowards.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Baron99 said:

So now Starmer has wades into the 'argument'. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68632034

Nike have got exactly what they wanted, a vast amount of free publicity.  

But at what cost?  "Go woke go broke" is the term:

Bud Light controversy cost parent company about $395 million in lost US sales

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/03/business/anheuser-busch-revenue-bud-light-intl-hnk/index.html

Planet Fitness value plummets $400M after transgender turmoil

https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/planet-fitness-value-plummets-transgender-turmoil

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Reminds me of my acid days.

In my raving days back in the 90's the clubs were full of gays and trans people and it was incredible. 

Sexuality, race, religion and gender didnt matter......it was all about the music and the vibe

Obviously the drugs helped with the fact that i was hugging everyone too

30 minutes ago, Zach Clay said:

In my raving days back in the 90's the clubs were full of gays and trans people and it was incredible. 

Sexuality, race, religion and gender didnt matter......it was all about the music and the vibe

Obviously the drugs helped with the fact that i was hugging everyone too

One of my regrets in life is that I didn't embrace 90s rave culture.

Having said that I dance like a man being electrocuted and I've less coordination than a new born baby.

No amount of drugs would've helped me with that. 

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

One of my regrets in life is that I didn't embrace 90s rave culture.

Having said that I dance like a man being electrocuted and I've less coordination than a new born baby.

No amount of drugs would've helped me with that. 

Its never to late to embrace your inner raver

It never leaves some of us