Russia Massacre

Just now, The_DADDY said:

a) Ukraine had a hand in the attacks?

I don't know.

b) Putin genuinely believes they did?

I don't know.

👍

Well I can't fault you for these honest answers. Would be good to see more of this all round - people understanding the difference between knowing and believing.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Delbow said:

Where is that allegation from? The Ukraine border is very far from Moscow, so they'd have to get their skates on to flee there.

I've seen it in various places. Some with videos (pretty grim videos too) some without. 

As I say, they could be real, could be fake but time will tell. 

I mean, it's worth remembering that Putin is the man who assured everyone that he definitely wasn't going to invade Ukraine. He's one of the least trustworthy people in the world.

1 minute ago, Delbow said:

I mean, it's worth remembering that Putin is the man who assured everyone that he definitely wasn't going to invade Ukraine. He's one of the least trustworthy people in the world.

You might be right however 

I'd take his word over Bojos or Bidens any day.

53 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Where is that allegation from? The Ukraine border is very far from Moscow, so they'd have to get their skates on to flee there.

The border with Belarus would be the closest I think, followed by Latvia and Ukraine, but all a fair distance.

I would have thought that the border with Ukraine would be bristling with Russian military surveillance installations and personnel so not the best direction to head.

All speculation at this stage anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

The eastern most part of Ukraine is south of Moscow (and you have to go through Belarus to get to any more western bits). Chechnya (and the North Caucasus in general) is south south east of Moscow.

'Heading towards Ukraine' =  going vaguely south.

Heading towards Chechnya on major roads would take you along the same route for the first few 100km.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Just wonder how they let themselves be caught alive , knowing what the future will hold .

The more usual outcome in similar attacks is that they are on a suicide mission whether by their own hand or accepting they will be killed by guards /police/military.That they escaped at all I find surprising.